-------------------------------------------------------

> They were actually interviewing me for a piece on

> BBC London. I have been living in the cycle

> storage boxes now for 3 weeks after being ASBO'd

> from outside Somerfields after someone complained

> about me begging.

I have done something worthhile at last

let this be a warning - Dont mess with Snorky

No, you're all wrong. I asked the news crews as I went past.

They said they had got a tip off that the Romanian women were going to use the 176 bus as their getaway vehicle after trying to swap fake ?50 and ?20 notes on Lordship Lane. The crew were going to wait all day to film it - they were hoping that the women were going to go past the train station waving their ?50 and ?20 notes out of the bus windows at the cameras.

Oh dear, I hope that I didn't cause offence to anyone and if I did I'm sorry. I was just repeating what happened today (the other thread said that the Romanian women trying to swap the notes got away on the 176 bus), but I was being very tongue in cheek (I too hang my head in shame). I just thought it was hilarious that the 176 could be used as a getaway vehicle. Imagine if the police had tried to chase the 176 bus!

I actually feel sorry for the Romanian women who stand outside Somerfield selling the Big Issue and when they offer the Big issue I always give them a smile and say 'no thanks' rather than just ignoring them. It can't be very nice for them having to stand outside trying to sell a few magazines. Its a mad, mad world where such differences in wealth exist.

Sometimes I give the money but I never take the magazine (as I prefer to read a newspaper!), although it should be everyone's individual and private choice to whom/which charities they give money.;-)

The charities I have volunteered at in the past have targeted groups including the homeless and low-income people and its shocking what some people have to survive on. Even a significant number of the elderly these days live on paltry amounts of pension and struggle just to pay their heating bills which is really sad state of affairs. That could be us one day...

back to topic - it may have been a crew that has been filming a programme about gangs in south london. i'm sure it will be a well informed piece of tv that raises the debate in an intellectual and stimulating way. not

edited due to sudden eeby jeebys that i was giving away state secrets.