Strange property

Opposite the Uplands is a well-maintained building with a dangerous chemical sign on the front. The back yard appears fairly well fortified too with razor wire and cameras.

Options I have considered include:

A super hard-core brothel.

A Top secret police outpost

A posh builders yard

Noe then,. suggestion

a) hard core brothel - may not be factuially correct in realtion to this building, but the ED Police are more than familiar with the sevices of the 2+ brothels within about 200 metres of north X road . By all accounts.

It was common knowledge, that a 'lady of the night' used to offer her services from a flat in ED that was in the vicinity of a church, where the vicar was exposed - in a Sunday tabloid - as dressing up in leather and entertaining young rent boys, with the head master of a nearby school.

That is a complete exaggeration of what happened! 2 good people had their lives fucked up by that whole thing, because some sleezy w@n!er for some crap paper made up a load of rubbish after a friend of those people sold a story for some easy cash!

Sorry Fish, didn't mean to bite your head off ( I hate sea food ;-) ), but it was a horrid thing.

No apology from the paper that I know of... Things didn't work that way back then. It was 1988 - 89, I was only about 10 or 11 at the time, but remember it well, as we went to that school, and that church! My mum knew them both quite well, especially the vicar (won't put their names on here).

Basically the teacher and the vicar were both very very good people, and great at their jobs... They were gay, and had a party with friends, but not some sleazy thing with rent boys or anything like that. Anyway, one of the so-called friends at the party sold a photo to the paper, which proved nothing, but was enough for them to make up a load of trash! They basically had a headline along the lines of "Orgy at the vicarage"!!!

As a result, they were both pretty much sacked, or "asked to leave" their jobs... The real shame was that the parishioners of the church, and the pupils of the school lost out!

It was however quite the scandal at the time!

Anyway, mum still hears occasional things about both of them, and thankfully they both got over the whole thing, but it must have taken time!

How absolutely awful! What a terrible thing to have happened - obviously, those of us who read the newspaper, at the time and lived in the vicinity, had no knowledge of the background to this story. Thank you for informing us. On a lighter note, I presume, that you were a little too young to have known about our 'lady of the night'?