New vets off Barry road

Hi Snowflake, they opened last week :) I took my dogs in on Saturday for their yearly jabs, worming and kennel cough squirt up the nose. I was very impressed with them. I have been at my vets in Bromley for 16 years, but it was too far, so I decided to change vets and when I heard they were opening in the new year I made my mind up. I put a lot of store in my vets and this was a big descision, but so far so good ;-)

http://www.theneighbourhoodvet.co.uk/

Hi all,

Well I've called them up today and recepionist sounds very pleasant and asked loads of questions. Am taking my cat and dog up there tomorrow (with loads of documents!!) to see what they are like.

Anyone been up there yet?

Regards

Simon

We've had very good experiences with this vet in the short time since they opened. Registered our cat with them last week and they will now send reminders when all jabs due. They also emailed our previous vets for his history. Unexpectedly this week we had to take him there with a leg injury. They saw us without an appointment, sorted him out and even gave my flatmate a lift home with him when she said she needed to ring a taxi! Plus it's a lovely calm environment in there with tea, coffee, biscuits etc. We didn't think it expensive. Highly recommended so far. LCT I'd entrust your precious cat to them, ours was clearly in excellent hands......

Got to agree with Tylertoes.I've taken my cat and dog down there today mainly for flee treatment. I saw Amber and she was realy nice and treated the dog well. The facilities down there look good and even offer the owners a drink! So yes I would be willing to pay more for that kind of service.

Not sure what the lordship lane vet charged for consultantion but it must be roughly the same.

In the end i believe its qaulity of service that is more important than price.

Simon.

Just to say that my fella wandered in their the other day and was given a tour. He was so impressed that he's registered all three of our moggies there.

Apparently the premises are very impressive and inviting with 2 assessment rooms and a state of the art operating theatre.

the two ladies who run it (sorry, have forgotten their names, he did say!) are very nice and enthusiastic I'm told :-)

Also, they don't put a mark-up on pet essentials so we were able to get 6 months flea treatment for about the same as we'd have paid for 3 months worth through Brockwell Vets... pretty sweet!

They're also planning to introduce a cat/dog/small animal club where you pay a fixed monthly fee which includes all check-ups, flea treatments, vaccinations etc for a year. Not sure when that will be in place but we'll be sure to take advantage of it when it is :-)

Our cat has had a continuing programme of treatment with them following a leg injury, they really are exceptionally thorough, excellent at keeping you informed and very flexible with appointment times, understanding of work hours etc. We've had alot of interaction with vets over the years and would really recommend them highly at this stage. The 'stuff' for sale inside is reasonably priced too, bought a lovely cat food bowl for only a couple of quid that I had seen for double that elsewhere. Give them a try - we're so far impressed with their level of care.

we signed up a couple of weeks ago (as our old Vet it too far away now) and didn't think we would need their services so quickly! Had to get a quick appt after our dog fell and really hurt his leg - saw Amber last night and she was very professional, caring and informative. Really explained all our options and the stages we might need to consider if initial treatment doesn't work. Our other vet would always go for the last option, which involved x-rays, surgery etc i.e. ???. Yes, the cost is slightly more but I agree I would rather pay that if my dog is looked after well and less invasive treatment is considered first

I totally agree with the good things written about the new vets. Amber and Ingrid,the nurse, came to mine to fetch my semi-feral cat. Amber brought him back after treatment,safe and sound, a few hours later. The whole practice go the extra mile for the animals and their owners. Very impressed with them.

Just wanted to say a great thank you to The Neighbourhood Vets on Barry Road and recommend them highly. I usually go to John Hankinson's in New Cross (who I also rate highly) but yesterday I was 'caught short' so to speak and needed to see a local vet asap. I called at around 4pm and they told me come down as soon as possible (I had a very poorly rodent). I sent my bf in (couldn't face the potential PTS procedure) and they took their time to examine my pet, talked through the options and allowed my bf to speak to me before coming to a decision, so no rushing.

Sadly it didn't end well for Crumbs, but it's good to know that in an emergency they went the extra mile. I was very apprehensive about taking my pet somewhere new at such short notice but I would definitely trust them again.

My Toy Poodle is almost 14 years old and blind. She had a dental at the vets yesterday. I usually sit with her when she is knocked out, but as she was going straight in for her treatment, after her blood test, I left her there. Amber was the vet who did it and everything went really well :)) they phoned me as soon as it was over because I was sick with worry! I picked her in the evening after Amber gave me a thorough explanation about everything that had been done to her. She was very calm and didn't cry when she was in the cage (she is never in a cage except for the back of the car)Then this morning at 9.15 they phoned me to see how she was, I never had this with my old vet. The service from Neighbourhood Vets is brillient, the cost was reasonable too and most of all my dog is ok :)) keep up the good work!