Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcorefitness.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.hartbeeps.com

Advertise here


The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageCold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by stacey-lyn 29 February, 2012 16:08

A young woman just turned up at ours (E. Dulwich Rd) saying that they are doing a 'survey on old houses in the area'. When pressed for information and asked if she was selling anything, she said no, but they 'are a company'. What company, I asked. "Bayer Global Group and we're looking at what's needed to be done to the old houses." She was pleasant enough but really wanted to get her foot in the door to do her 'survey'. I declined in no uncertain terms.

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by spongebob 29 February, 2012 20:59

2 words will suffice!

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by Salsaboy 29 February, 2012 21:15

From SE23.com forum:

"This has the look of a scam.

I was visited by a woman claiming that they had been asked to inspect the external walls of all the houses in my street. I did not give my name or telephone number and was left with a piece of yellow A5 card "Certificate of Entitlement". At the bottom it has "Red Ball Marketing Ltd. Red Top House, 106 London Street, Reading, RG1 4SJ Tel: 0845 643 574 This promotion is provided by Red Ball Marketing Ltd for the Bayer Global Group's Licensed Service Provider Programme. [www.bayerglobal.com] ".

1. No company called "Red Ball Marketing" is registered at Companies House (check [wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk] )

2. The only Google 'hit' for "Red Ball Marketing Ltd" brought up this site.

3. I cannot connect to [www.bayerglobal.com] ("Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to [www.bayerglobal.com]").

4. Whois shows that [www.bayerglobal.com] is registered to an American address as follows:
Registrant:
Mark Bayer
27 Arcadia Road
Natick Ma 01760
Natick, Ma 01760
US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: BAYERGLOBAL.COM
Created on: 08-DEC-01
Expires on: 08-DEC-11
Last Updated on: 18-NOV-10

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Bayer, Mark
27 Arcadia Road
Natick Ma 01760
Natick, Ma 01760
US
508-655-2202

5. The genuine Bayer company (HQ in Leverkusen, Germany), who do use the name Bayer Global Group, have no connection with this marketing campaign. The genuine Bayer use [www.bayer.co.uk] and [www.bayer.com] .

6. Red Ball Marketing Ltd use a calling line ID of 020 8732 5100. A Google search reveals that this is the number for a company called "Mosaic ERP Systems Limited" (company number 00743006, refer to the Companies House website). The accounts are reported as "Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2010 OVERDUE".

7. A Google search for "Mosaic ERP ..." brings up a few pre-selected search options that include "mosaic erp systems complaints". This search option brings up 47,000 entries. In the top six are grumbletext.co.uk, complaintsboard.com, complaints.com and BBC - Watchdog: Rogue Traders.

Draw your own conclusions".

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by stacey-lyn 01 March, 2012 10:41

Indeed Salsaboy, I Googled last night and found that too. Unfortunately I just found out that my elderly neighbour (terminally ill) signed the paperwork (ie contract) for a "free" property survey. Will get on to Trading Standards asap.

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by stacey-lyn 01 March, 2012 11:18

And then there's this:

Apr 29, 2011

A girl just came to my door today and gave me a green card saying Certificate of Entitlement' and asked for my number as they will give me a call about exterior work to my house. Is this a scam as I have seen the name come up on a number of other forums? I'm Worried now!
Hi Marketing
Croydon, UK
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#2Aug 6, 2011

Does any know of Hi Marketing (Home Improvement Marketing Ltd)? A guy came to the door offering a free condition assessment on the exterior of my home. I looked up the company and they do not seem to exist. I think it is a bogus company current operating in Croydon.
BlueStar17
Croydon, UK
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#3Aug 6, 2011

Just found this

[www.se23.com]...

See what you think!
RON E
Bexhill, UK
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#4Dec 14, 2011

Hi Marketing wrote:
Does any know of Hi Marketing (Home Improvement Marketing Ltd)? A guy came to the door offering a free condition assessment on the exterior of my home. I looked up the company and they do not seem to exist. I think it is a bogus company current operating in Croydon.
I LIVE IN SURREY AND A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I WAS VISITED BY A MAN WITH ANOTHER TRAINEE CLAIMING NOT TO BE SELLING BUT MERELY OFFERING AN OUTSIDE SURVEY OF THE BRICKWORK AND RENDERING ON MY HOUSE. THE ASSESSMENT WAS BEING CARRIED OUT NATIONWIDE AND SOME OF MY NEIGHBOURS HAD ALREADY AGREED TO PARTICIPATE. THEY ALREADY HAD CERTAIN INFORMATION ON THEIR PAD AND AS I WAS TRYING TO GET OUT TO A MEETING I STUPIDLY SIGNED THE FORM A COPY OF WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ME. IT BASICALLY SAID SOMEONE WOULD RING UP TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. I HAD SAID AND IT IS ON THE FORM THAT THE BEST TIME TO CALL WAS THE EVENING. i WAS IN THE HOUSE AT 4.00PM TODAY WHEN I GOT A PHONE CALL TO CONFIRM THE INFORMATION THAT I HAD GIVEN. I GOT ANNOYED WHEN HE ASKED HOW LONG I HAD LIVED THERE WAS THERE A MRS ENTICOTT ( THERE ARE ACTUALLY SEVERAL MY PRESENT WIFE , MY FIRST WIFE, MY 2 SISTERS IN LAW THE WIVES OF MY TWO NEPHEWS ETC) BUT I DID NOT SEE THIS AS RELEVANT OR HOW LONG I HAD LIVED IN THE HOUSE. I SAID THAT I SAW NO POINT IN THE SURVEY AS IT WAS ONLY A FEW YEARS AGO WE HAD AN EXTENSION AND THE RENDERING WAS REDONE AND A LARGE AMOUNT O F NEW BRICKWORK. HE PERSITED AND IN THE END I SAID "YOU ARRE TOO PERSISTENT" AND HE PUT THE PHONE DOWN.

I HAVE CHECKED ON THE COMPANY IT HAS A SHARE CAPITAL OF ONE POUND AND WAS ONLY FORMED IN MAY THIS TEAR. IT CLAIMS TO HAVE 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE! IT HAS A REGISTERED OFFICE IN LONDON AND HAS CHRISTINE ELIZABETH DILWORTH AS A DIRECTOR (SHE HAS 65 OTHER DIRECTORSHIPS)AND CITY EXECUTOR & TRUSTEE COMPANY LTD AS THE OTHER DIRECTOR.
RED BALL IMPROVEMENTS (FORMERLY RED BULL IMPROVEMENTS HAS THE SAME REGISTERED OFFICE.

IF YOU GET A VISITATION SEND THEM AWAY IT IS SUBTLE DOORSTEP AND TELEPHONE MARKETING.http://www.topix.com/forum/uk/south-croydon/T5Q9VCK26CO0UHPS5

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by woodrot 01 March, 2012 21:35

Salsaboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From SE23.com forum:
>
> "This has the look of a scam.
>
> I was visited by a woman claiming that they had
> been asked to inspect the external walls of all
> the houses in my street. I did not give my name or
> telephone number and was left with a piece of
> yellow A5 card "Certificate of Entitlement". At
> the bottom it has "Red Ball Marketing Ltd. Red Top
> House, 106 London Street, Reading, RG1 4SJ Tel:
> 0845 643 574 This promotion is provided by Red
> Ball Marketing Ltd for the Bayer Global Group's
> Licensed Service Provider Programme.
> [www.bayerglobal.com] ".
>
> 1. No company called "Red Ball Marketing" is
> registered at Companies House (check
> [wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk] )
>
> 2. The only Google 'hit' for "Red Ball Marketing
> Ltd" brought up this site.
>
> 3. I cannot connect to [www.bayerglobal.com]
> ("Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to
> [www.bayerglobal.com]").
>
> 4. Whois shows that [www.bayerglobal.com] is
> registered to an American address as follows:
> Registrant:
> Mark Bayer
> 27 Arcadia Road
> Natick Ma 01760
> Natick, Ma 01760
> US
>
> Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
> Domain Name: BAYERGLOBAL.COM
> Created on: 08-DEC-01
> Expires on: 08-DEC-11
> Last Updated on: 18-NOV-10
>
> Administrative, Technical Contact:
> Bayer, Mark
> 27 Arcadia Road
> Natick Ma 01760
> Natick, Ma 01760
> US
> 508-655-2202
>
> 5. The genuine Bayer company (HQ in Leverkusen,
> Germany), who do use the name Bayer Global Group,
> have no connection with this marketing campaign.
> The genuine Bayer use [www.bayer.co.uk] and
> [www.bayer.com] .
>
> 6. Red Ball Marketing Ltd use a calling line ID of
> 020 8732 5100. A Google search reveals that this
> is the number for a company called "Mosaic ERP
> Systems Limited" (company number 00743006, refer
> to the Companies House website). The accounts are
> reported as "Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2010
> OVERDUE".
>
> 7. A Google search for "Mosaic ERP ..." brings up
> a few pre-selected search options that include
> "mosaic erp systems complaints". This search
> option brings up 47,000 entries. In the top six
> are grumbletext.co.uk, complaintsboard.com,
> complaints.com and BBC - Watchdog: Rogue Traders.
>
> Draw your own conclusions".


Probabaly best to go to the right URL first

[www.bayerglobalgroup.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2012:03:01:21:35:51 by woodrot.

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by stacey-lyn 02 March, 2012 09:12

Thanks Woodrot. These were copied examples of genuine concerns (& the research) from other consumers on various sites - some of which are clearly irrelevant. Nevertheless, the same companies in their various guises seem to have been around for while. There is clear legislation in place to protect consumers especially the vulnerable (Cancellation of Contracts Made in a Consumer’s Home or Place of Work etc Regulations 2008). " The provisions are particularly important for vulnerable consumers who—having invited a salesperson into their home—can feel pressured into buying something they do not want or need. Together with the unfair commercial practices directive, the measure sends a clear message that businesses that lack integrity and feed on fear will not be tolerated."
I have seen the company's website, and I don't know how legitimate they are or not but I do know 2 things: 1. my neighbour did not want nor need 'home improvements' ie cladding and 2. they are working in tandem with a seemingly unscrupulous marketing company. In any event, the paperwork used is in clear breach of the law as there is only a consent section and no mention at all of any cooling off period nor of any right to cancel.These sales people are not honest and above board. Given that there are almost 500 No Cold Calling Zones nationwide, this is obviously a real problem. www.winchelsea.net/images/TSI.pdf

I informed Southwark Trading Standards (thank you James).

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by kittenheels 14 March, 2013 15:35

These guys are doing the rounds in Honor Oak Park today. The guy who just knocked on my door sighed deeply when I asked where he was from, and was extremely reluctant to give me any info. In the end he handed me a shoddy-looking pink card with the URL www.bayerglobalgroup.com at the bottom.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2013:03:14:15:38:47 by kittenheels.

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by Lowlander 14 March, 2013 15:42

So what actually happens if they carry out the survey? Is that a prelude to a lengthy report saying that your house is falling down?

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by Burbage 14 March, 2013 20:17

Lowlander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what actually happens if they carry out the
> survey? Is that a prelude to a lengthy report
> saying that your house is falling down?

I have no idea, but at a guess I'd reckon it's stone cladding (or similar), possibly being flogged straight, or possibly tied in to the Green Deal, the government-backed loan scheme that's supposed to pay for insulation, or other sops to environmentalism, but that will probably end up being used to fund just about any home improvement that might conceivably reduce heat loss or increase 'efficiency', whether or not it has any practicable effect whatsoever.

I'd guess the latter, if only because we've yet to see a government scheme (PFI hospitals, CrossRail, the Olympics, the ID card scheme, rail franchising, NHS IT, Individual Learning Accounts, Free Schools, Further Education, Europe etc) that hasn't been so badly set up that it's "inadvertently" turned into a profiteer's paradise. This isn't necessarily because politicians are stupid and the civil service corrupt, but not to the extent that you wouldn't put money on it.

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by Sue 15 March, 2013 10:02

Burbage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
This isn't necessarily because
> politicians are stupid and the civil service
> corrupt, but not to the extent that you wouldn't
> put money on it.

xxxxxxxxx

big grin

messageRe: Cold calling Bayer Global Group
Posted by Veena2 19 May, 2013 16:59

Had a visit on 14/05/13 from a dubious company, offering to do roof insulation, etc.

They seem to be the same people who have previously targeted Lewisham residents under different company names over the last decade, though this was for exterior wall work - some of those trading names were: Red Ball Marketing Ltd./ROCKEX H-P/Home Improvement Marketing Ltd.

This company go by the name of Eco-Homes Consultants and appeared to follow up the Government led grants/energy saving initiative many Lewisham residents took part in a while ago - free loft/radiator/boiler insulation etc.

They flag up the current government initiative - the Green Deal process. However their offer is to do insulation work, as recommended by them first, then have an 'energy performance certificate' with advice on possible further work re. the Green Deal. They offered to send two workmen to do the work the next day. It would cost £399 for the work + £50 for certificate with advice for further work/Green Deal .

This rep said their website was Eco-Homes Consultants.co.uk. I googled the name and there is a website for Ecohomes Consultants who have a statement naming this other company and disassociating themselves from them, also stating that they do not use a direct sales approach.

I have contacted Lewisham Trading Standards and recommend that others do the same, as they apparently don't consider taking action until they have had several complaints.


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed