no power since 16:30 Sunday 4th March

We've no power in our house in Darrell Road - although nearly every other neighbour seemed to be unaffected - which was more than galling! Was told it was a problem at the local substation and one of the major fuses had blown twice, which could indicate a problem with underground cabling. The lady I spoke to thought this might mean road excavation, etc.. I am on a mailing list to receive a text with news of progress. No texts received yet :(

I have therefore decamped with kids to my girlfriend's house in Upper Norwood, where I'm currently luxuriating in electricity.

Hope it's sorted soon for folks who don't have this option - our gas heating doesn't work without electricity. Madness!

Yeah we are on that text-mailing list too FB and havent had a peep yet but we've been back on for a bit now. I didnt think the rain was that heavy though. We had the same thing a year ago when we were living in Barry Rd and the guys digging a hole near Barry's Stores cut through a cable.

Maybe its an annual event, something to set your clock by......as long as it isnt digital