Yet another accident on the corner of Barry & Underhill

Last night around 9:30 (28th March) the junction of Barry and Underhill was once again sealed off as police dealt with the aftermath of an accident, this time (as has happened in the past) apparently involving a bus. The road is open again this morning.

I have no idea of the details or cause (and I hope that there weren't any or any serious injuries) but (for new readers) accidents on this spot have been being regularly reported over years - and were themselves the cause of a number of changes to these roads, narrowing the entries into and out of Underhill and raising platforms there.

The accidents keep on happening.

Despite regular protestations to the contrary, the visibilty for those trying to cross Barry, and the speeds of vehicles proceeding along Barry, have anecdotally often been seen as the cause of accidents and near accidents there.

Nothing much, despite the changes to Underhill, really appears to have changed as far as safety at this junction is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this thread keeps popping up. I got involved with the debate many times regarding that road and junction. As a local driving instructor, I use that junction road regularly, particularly when teaching. Since the bendy buses are no longer around (thankfully!)the only good thing about them was that they kept the speed of traffic down. As i've said on previous threads, vision can be obscured on occasions, but mostly it boils down to bad driving (observation) or motorists driving way too fast. Apart from hearing about the incident in question, I thought things had improved. Neverless, it is dangerous and vigilance is required at all times.

Nicholas Driving Academy, SE22