Surely there must be some news...

...more interesting than smashed cars, old pubs, bedsits and ghosts.

Does anyone know what is happening with the refurb of the leisure centre, for example?

Or if there is any more news about any of the shops on Lordship Lane?

Maybe someone can make something up - I need a little frisson in my local gossip this morning!

I'm going for a run round Peckham Rye Park to try and burn off some marauding energy - I shall check to see what you inventive souls have come up with when I get back...

BM

I heard that Southwark Council are planning to turn LL into two bus lanes with a single lane in the middle for all other traffic that operates on a permanent contraflow basis.

(May not be 100% trufax)

top shop,river island,next,woolies,wh smith,jjb sports and weatherspoons have all bought properties in prime ll locations and should be open by the summer.northern line to be extended to ed expected completion autumn 2007,and eurostar will be opening their new south east london terminal on the goose green spring 08.100%the truth.

Have to say if you can catch a bus before 7,45 the 176 / 185 can get you into town in about 40 mins.

That said, you do have to catch one before 7,45 - too right with the trains, esp as denmark hill never seems to make anyu announcements or give much warning when anything happens, such as on wednseday! Damn them in the face!

Apparently they are bringing back the Victorian LL tramline and to avoid confusion over the use of pre-pay oyster cards on overland trains, anyone who travels in period dress goes free!

There is a plan to bring a tram from Camden to Peckham via Waterloo - there was a big consultation exercise at the end of last year. Good for Mockney P.

Yesterday i was one the train to ED from London Bridge. We ground to halt outside South Bermondsey, where it was announced that we would not be stopping at South Bermondsey or Peckham, etc, etc and that we would be re-routed to New Cross - no explanation. Most of the packed train got out at New Cross and had to get a train back to London Bridge to start all over again.

This is the kind of incompetence that sends people wild.

apparently putin, bored of russia, has bought up LL but much to his annoyance dubya has invested in northcross road. fighting will break out as the U.S. stop the russians from satisfying their sugar fix by denying access to hope and greenwood. bush will live in said shop thinking that he has been transported by a time machine to the 40's.

expect the newly built eurostar terminal on goose green to become a war zone, over taken by sincere international press talking drivel and drinking the area dry. visas will be required to gain entrance to ED which putin will have sold to alfayed. in turn mohammed has plans to destroy LL to create a massive memorial to dodi and diana.

trust no one.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hate Foxtons. They are thieving scum, and I mean

> that literally! If they come to LL, I will

> personally wage war on them!!

I'll join you - I hate them too.

By the way, do we really need another estate agent on LL? That would increase the number to about 10, not?

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

a single lane in

> the middle for all other traffic that operates on

> a permanent contraflow basis.

>

>

>

> (May not be 100% trufax)

who would have right of way? going north or going south? will there be a 10 year multi million pound consultation that no one will reply to but to include lots of glossy shots of ED?

ohhh, don't get me started on consultations, the Goose Green consultation results were meant to be ready in November, came out 4 months late and nothing's happened since. A bit like the roundabout too, ?8,000 to spend on it and all they've done in 6 months is remove the old lampost, probably consulting consultants somewhere on the best way to have a consultation about it.

Fractionaiter, good point but the dog thread's turned into "who would win a fight between a fat bloke and the bloke from the Bishop". How about we build a boxing ring on the Goose Green roundabout and organise a fight between them? That would be news.

(I think I managed to get that back on topic)

Well done Mark, safely back on topic (and special thanks to mamafeelgood for trying to keep the spirit of the thread alive!)

I have heard a rumour that there is a good reason why the men in the cheeese shop are sometimes less than friendly. I overheard some men in dark suits in a local pub saying that the cheese shop is actually a cover for an alien invasion. The owners are in fact, David Icke style lizards, part of the deadly power-sharing elite that run and exploit our planet. They only smile at people they want to RECRUIT to their corrupt and dastardly scheme. So if they don't smile at you, be grateful and move on quickly. Having said all that, I don't believe it for a minute, although it could be why their cheese is so damn tasty (especially the delice de bourgogne - perhaps it's got secret lizard flavouring in it...)