Power cuts

That's reassuring to hear. I had wondered if it was the wiring. Two dropouts of a second or less this afternoon, early afternoon and about 16:10, in the Grove Vale area. Each enough to cause the computer and phone broadcaster to reboot, but without otherwise affecting the modem-router or freeview box.

Came back from a weekend away last night to find that there had been a power cut - router was knocked out and a couple of things were flashing. However, this hasn't been the first one. We've had a series of small powercuts over the last couple of weeks. Usually just for a second or two, just long enough to knock the router out and reset the things that flash when they come back on again (luckily), though it is annoying.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Am in Oakhurst Grove. Am beginning to think I should start monitoring them and report the problem (which probably means that they will stop of course!).

Twirly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

We've had

> a series of small powercuts over the last couple

> of weeks. Usually just for a second or two, just

> long enough to knock the router out and reset the

> things that flash when they come back on again

> (luckily), though it is annoying.

>

> Has anyone else been experiencing this?

xxxxxxxx

Yes, I've noticed this too over the last couple of weeks.

Luckily it only seems to affect my clock radio, but it's a pain having to reset it as it's so old it only goes forwards :))

Ulverscroft Road.

We're just off Peckham Rye. Had lots of flashing of lights and a couple of very short cuts yesterday but been totally without power since before 7am this morning. Still not fixed. Apparently it is a substation issue and the engineers are there now.

andy_nD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Same here (Rye Hill Park) - a few blipsyesterday

> and this morning, then no power since about

> midday. Generators being loaded onto the street as

> we speak..

Did you find out why? What a bother.

I had a quick look on the website for the local distribution network company - (it used to be EDF, - the state owned French leccy company, not an offshoot of our favourite local online community) and no news on there.

Customer services can be contacted on 0800 028 0247

The media contacts are also listed below, so if any one does have a serious issue get through here and you'll probably get a quicker and better response than from the cutover services! By coincidence, the Media Manager for the South East is, one "James Barber" , any relation to our JB?

http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/wcmqs/news/media-contacts/

Apparently a problem with the main cable feeding the area, which is being repaired/replaced. I haven't ventured out so not sure how far reaching the problems are, although it seems pretty localized from the perspective of the back garden :-)

Full credit to them for arranging generators to provide cover while the mains supply is being restored