Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.electricalinitiative.co.uk

www.create-spaces.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messagePower cuts
Posted by nunhead_man 09 April, 2012 16:23

Anyone else around Peckham Rye had brief power cuts today?

messageRe: Power cuts
Posted by PippaD 09 April, 2012 16:27

My mum did a couple of hours ago - said it didn't last long but long enough for all the digital clocks to re-set!

Posted by Tykeinexile 09 April, 2012 16:30

Yes - we've had two today, one this morning, and one about ten minutes ago.

Posted by Strawbs 09 April, 2012 16:34

Same here!

Posted by nunhead_man 09 April, 2012 16:34

Yeah - two here too - may be a "brown out" caused by bank hol load?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by ianr 09 April, 2012 16:44

That's reassuring to hear. I had wondered if it was the wiring. Two dropouts of a second or less this afternoon, early afternoon and about 16:10, in the Grove Vale area. Each enough to cause the computer and phone broadcaster to reboot, but without otherwise affecting the modem-router or freeview box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2012:04:09:16:47:44 by ianr.

Posted by motorbird83 09 April, 2012 16:49

We live on Mundania and power was out for 2.5 hours. I just came back 5 minutes ago...

Posted by SCSB79 09 April, 2012 17:04

Yp - 2 for me this morning too... neighbours alarm was tripped and was going off for what seemed like forever!!

Posted by stacey-lyn 09 April, 2012 17:48

Us too.confused icon

Posted by Dr De Soto 09 April, 2012 17:53

Aha, this will explain why my computer cut out twice today, I was fearing it was overheating or something. Thank you EDF for saving me having to call the IT guys tomorrow.

Posted by catma 09 April, 2012 17:59

Twice today in Choumert Rd - very short and power came back almost immediately.

Posted by paulc 09 April, 2012 18:05

Same in Goose Green area - 2 short power cuts a few minutes each. (Will I make it to the end of this senten... ?!)

Posted by Twirly 10 April, 2012 09:20

Came back from a weekend away last night to find that there had been a power cut - router was knocked out and a couple of things were flashing. However, this hasn't been the first one. We've had a series of small powercuts over the last couple of weeks. Usually just for a second or two, just long enough to knock the router out and reset the things that flash when they come back on again (luckily), though it is annoying.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Am in Oakhurst Grove. Am beginning to think I should start monitoring them and report the problem (which probably means that they will stop of course!).

Posted by gedwina 10 April, 2012 09:22

We had a couple yesterday - forest hill way

Posted by Lowlander 10 April, 2012 10:00

About 1600 yesterday afternoon top of Upland Road, very brief not enough to reset any clocks.

Posted by maxtedc 10 April, 2012 10:13

Oh dear. That means my heating will have reset itself to factory settings. I'm away for a week so it looks like a large heating bill for me this quarter.

Posted by Sue 10 April, 2012 12:04

Twirly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
We've had
> a series of small powercuts over the last couple
> of weeks. Usually just for a second or two, just
> long enough to knock the router out and reset the
> things that flash when they come back on again
> (luckily), though it is annoying.
>
> Has anyone else been experiencing this?

xxxxxxxx

Yes, I've noticed this too over the last couple of weeks.

Luckily it only seems to affect my clock radio, but it's a pain having to reset it as it's so old it only goes forwards big grin

Ulverscroft Road.

Posted by LuceB 10 April, 2012 14:08

We're just off Peckham Rye. Had lots of flashing of lights and a couple of very short cuts yesterday but been totally without power since before 7am this morning. Still not fixed. Apparently it is a substation issue and the engineers are there now.

Posted by andy_nD 10 April, 2012 21:29

Same here (Rye Hill Park) - a few blipsyesterday and this morning, then no power since about midday. Generators being loaded onto the street as we speak..

Posted by Gidget 10 April, 2012 21:39

andy_nD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same here (Rye Hill Park) - a few blipsyesterday
> and this morning, then no power since about
> midday. Generators being loaded onto the street as
> we speak..

Did you find out why? What a bother.

Posted by neilson99 10 April, 2012 21:47

I had a quick look on the website for the local distribution network company - (it used to be EDF, - the state owned French leccy company, not an offshoot of our favourite local online community) and no news on there.

Customer services can be contacted on 0800 028 0247

The media contacts are also listed below, so if any one does have a serious issue get through here and you'll probably get a quicker and better response than from the cutover services! By coincidence, the Media Manager for the South East is, one "James Barber" , any relation to our JB?

[www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk]

Posted by andy_nD 10 April, 2012 23:31

Apparently a problem with the main cable feeding the area, which is being repaired/replaced. I haven't ventured out so not sure how far reaching the problems are, although it seems pretty localized from the perspective of the back garden :-)

Full credit to them for arranging generators to provide cover while the mains supply is being restored

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed