Bellenden Village Bollards

macroban

I quite like the Bellenden Village metal bollards and think they would suit Lordship Lane very well.

As Bellenden Village has now had its ten years of public subsidy perhaps we could now ask Southwark Council to move the bollards from SE15 to SE22.

Before bollards I'd prefer the council to invest in improved road surfaces and renew the paving on LL and elsewhere. Marmora Road is a patchwork of uneven tarmac fill ins and potholes - while the pavements are a nightmare to anyone pushing a buggy or a wheelchair, lumps bumps, potholes and worse. Broadly that situation pertains across all of East Dulwich.

• 1 year later...
Was pleasantly surprised when a few of the said bollards appeared at (I think) the Art London show a couple of years ago. All and sundry were fawning over them, whilst I thought they looked better outside Sam's Kebabs

RosieH Wrote,

I don't know, but they definitely need to stay where they are. Even my rather prudish mother laughed at the fabulous bollards and their location on Bellend-en Road (are mums allowed to say stuff like that? freaked me right out)

Haha Rosie,

Not sure if it's still there but the street sign at the Pecham end of Bellenden road had the EN painted out and when you get to the other end you stumble upon the rather phalic looking posts.

macroban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I quite like the Bellenden Village metal bollards

> and think they would suit Lordship Lane very

> well.

>

> As Bellenden Village has now had its ten years of

> public subsidy perhaps we could now ask Southwark

> Council to move the bollards from SE15 to SE22.

(!) I think the London Eye is a fabulous attraction and don't see why the South Bank should get all the attention - if this could be moved to Goose Green I think the area would really benefit.

I don't really agree with pillaging neighbouring boroughs in order to make LL 'look nicer'.

and maybe you could stick that idea where the sun rarely shines, How about we move onto to nunhead for a bit of regeneration. As for public subsidy LL and ED and had more than enough, 5mill upgrade to the sports centre just the latest. No doubt you will get your bollards as the lib executive take the taxes from se15 and pour them back into SE22 just to keep their seats.......the joy of a democracy.