Forum Sponsors

www.crittersolutions.co.uk
xxxx
Glazer Delmar

Williams Wedberg

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
messageRe: Today!! ED Film Club - this Sat 30th Aug - meet Rye Pub 19:15!!
Posted by EDFilmClub 30 August, 2014 08:40

Hi All,

Film Club is today, meeting at 19:15 in the Rye pub.
A friendly sociable cinema group!
Hope to see you there!
Louisa

Posted by cristytom 30 August, 2014 11:49

Looking forward to meeting you Louisa and everyone! See you later.

Chrissy

Posted by EDFilmClub 30 August, 2014 18:44

We are on a big bench outside at the FRONT of the pub. Table 108.
Clacker board is out!

messageRe: ED Film Club - this Sat 30th Aug - meet Rye Pub 19:15!!
Posted by EDFilmClub 31 August, 2014 10:28

Thanks to everyone who came along yesterday - so lovely to meet so many local people! I know it can be a bit weird turning up for the first time, so thanks for making the effort!
Hope you didn't have nightmares after that film!
I'll post the next date soon!
Luisa

Posted by cristytom 31 August, 2014 12:28

Thanks again for organising this meet up Louisa! It was a great night and lovely company. Really nice meeting local people and having a good chat. I really enjoyed the movie as well. Will definitely watch the other films in the series if/when they make them.

See You All soon.

Chrissy

Posted by IslandGirl 31 August, 2014 17:38

I agree with Chrissy, what a lovely night and fun company. Thanks for organising Luisa, hope to see everybody at the next one.

Davina

messageRe: Nebraska - Friday 5th September 7 pm - Bambini Nunhead
Posted by zlightbulb80 01 September, 2014 10:47

Hi Luisa

Thanks for organising. I didn't catch the name of the guy that handed out the Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival flyer question mark, but was a great idea. I thought I'd try and see the second half of Nebraska (without falling drifting off this time).

It looks like Bambini is a small cafe/bar with Craft beers and cheeses, so not a Peckham Plex... Address is 143 Evelina Rd, SEI5 3HB, just 10 min walk from the Rye Pub:

Nebraska was nominated for 6 Oscars, described as "An aging, booze-addled father makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million-dollar Mega Sweepstakes Marketing prize" imdb

link is:

[www.freefilmfestivals.org]

Thanks

Chad/Brad/Chad... either or...

Posted by EDFilmClub 01 September, 2014 19:53

Thanks for coming Chad Brad!

I can't make Nebraska unfortunately. I'm going to have a look at the others and see what else is on.
Greg is leaflet coordinator of the film festival!

Posted by tul 01 September, 2014 21:49

Yes that's me!

I will be going to some of the films at the festival so will let you know which ones and see if anyone wants to join me.

Greg

messageED Film Club - a social meetup for locals - Sat 25th Oct 2014 in eve
Posted by EDFilmClub 01 October, 2014 10:54

Hi All,
Next film club will be Sat 25th Oct.
We are a friendly bunch of locals who meet at the Rye Pub and go to the Plex for a film and then back to the pub for drinks.
Fun, sociable evening out with familiar faces and always newbies!
I will post exact times nearer the date when the peckham plex publish their listings, but in the meantime, save the date!!
Any questions please PM me.
Louisa

messageRe: ED Film Club - a social meetup for locals - Sat 25th Oct 2014 in eve
Posted by Michael Palaeologus 01 October, 2014 16:31

Yay! I can go to this one. In the diary.

--------------------
Radiant Bhuna of the Diamond Naga (1st class)
Curry Club. First-ish Thursday of every month. Find us in The Lounge.

Posted by EDFilmClub 18 October, 2014 11:46

Film Club is next Sat! Hope to see you there.....
Will post details when the Plex publish their film times. L

Posted by charliebubs 21 October, 2014 19:09

What's the plan L?? x

Posted by EDFilmClub 23 October, 2014 10:36

Hi Everyone,

The film with the best reviews on Saturday appears to be Fury, starring Brad Pitt.
I'll put some blurb about it below. The film begins at 20:45 - up to you if you buy your ticket in advance.
Let's meet in the Rye Pub from 19:15, leaving at 20:15 for the cinema. I'll have my film clacker board with me and also post where we are sitting on here.
Hope to see you there! Luisa

April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany

Posted by Michael Palaeologus 23 October, 2014 15:58

Ooooooh. Can I come in character? Is that allowed? :-)

--------------------

messageRe: ED Film Club Tomorrow!! - a social meetup for locals - Sat 25th Oct 2014 in eve
Posted by EDFilmClub 24 October, 2014 16:03

Hi All
Film Club is tomorrow! Meeting in the Rye Pub at 7:15 and leaving for film at 8:15.
Totally up to you if you'd like to buy tickets in advance.
See you tomorrow....L

messageRe: ED Film Club Today!! - a social meetup for locals - Sat 25th Oct 2014 in eve
Posted by EDFilmClub 25 October, 2014 07:42

Hi All,
It's Film Club tonight! Meeting 19:15 in The Rye pub, leaving at 20:15 to head to Peckham Plex to see Fury. L

messageRe: ED Film Club Today!! - a social meetup for locals - Sat 25th Oct 2014 in eve
Posted by Michael Palaeologus 25 October, 2014 08:30

I am coming and I think Charlie is too.

--------------------

Posted by lenny_twin 25 October, 2014 08:49

Hi All,

Chrissy & I will meet you at the Rye Pub @ 7:15, but we'll probably watch Gone Girl (8:30pm) instead of Fury ... we're not really big on war films, even though Fury looks very good.

We'll meet-up with you all after the movie ends :-)

Lenny

Posted by rjm 25 October, 2014 09:12

Hi there
I'm a Peckham film club newbie! Lenny, id be on for seeing Gone Girl too, so will meet you all at pub and go from there? All the best
Rowena

Posted by EDFilmClub 25 October, 2014 10:15

OK great! Anyone who wants to see Gone Girl could go with you guys, and the Fury people can see that with me and we'll all meet up after!
See you at 7:15 in the Rye! L

Posted by mishe 25 October, 2014 11:18

Hi Louisa,
Sorry but my hubby and I won't be able to make it tonight. We had hoped to get much of our unpacking done today but it is taking us longer than we expected to unpack, find places for everything and organize so we have some room to move around our small flat. I hope we will be able to join you and the filmclub members at the next film event. Have fun tonight!

Michele

Posted by bermygirl31 25 October, 2014 15:12

Hi all!!!

New to the area and have just found out about this. I am at a 40th birthday on Fleet St. tonight, so can't make it! However I am well up for the next one. Do you go one a month? smiling smiley

Cheers,
Jenn

Posted by Michael Palaeologus 25 October, 2014 19:03

Sorry. Am going to bail, I have a stinking child and am going to stay in the warm.

--------------------

Posted by EDFilmClub 25 October, 2014 19:06

Hi Guys,
Am on table 16, by the toilets! L

Posted by rjm 25 October, 2014 19:13

Hi I missed my train but should be there at 745 if that's not too late. Thanks a mil

messageED Film Club - a social meet up for locals - save the date! Sat 13th Dec in eve
Posted by EDFilmClub 23 November, 2014 16:52

Hi Everyone,
Save the date!
The next meet up will be Sat 13th December in the eve. We will meet in The Rye pub before going to the film. I will post times once the Peckhma Plex publish their times (usually a few days before).
For those who haven't been before: we are a friendly bunch of ED locals who meet up every 6 weeks or so for a gossip and a film! Many good friends have been made over the last couple of years, and new people still come every time which is brilliant. We usually go back to the pub after the film.
Hope to see you there, Louisa

messageED Film Club - Save the date - Sat 13th Dec - a social meet up for locals
Posted by EDFilmClub 23 November, 2014 16:59

Hi Everyone,
Save the date - Sat 13th Dec pm.
We will meet in The Rye Pub and then head down to the Peckham Plex. I will post exact times once the Plex do, usually a few days before, but it be will some time in the evening.
For those of you who've never been: we are a friendly bunch of locals who meet for a film and a gossip! Many good friends have been made over the past couple of years and new people come each time which is great. We always meet in the pub, walk down to the cinema together and then back to the pub afterwards!
Hope to see you there, Louisa

messageRe: ED Film Club - next SAt- Sat 13th Dec - a social meet up for locals
Posted by EDFilmClub 06 December, 2014 18:49

Hi Everyone,
Film Club is one week today - Sat 13th Dec.
The Plex haven't published their films yet, but check back for what time we'll meet in The Rye pub (sometime in eve) and which film we'll see.
Cheers! L

messageRe: ED Film Club- Black Sea (Jude Law)meet Sat 13th Dec 7:15 in Rye Pub- a social meet up for locals
Posted by EDFilmClub 09 December, 2014 06:24

Hi Guys,
Let's go and see a Jude Law film called Black Sea. It has excellent reviews, so should be a good night!
It starts at the Peckham Plex at 20:55. Let's leave the pub by 8:15 to buy our tickets (by all means buy them in advance if you'd prefer).
So let's meet at 7:15 in the Rye Pub so we have a good hour to meet and catch up, and hopefully say hello to new people!

Here's some blurb about the film:

Kevin Macdonald's BLACK SEA is a British thriller about a submarine captain who leads a crew on the hunt for some Nazi gold, believed to be at the bottom of the Black Sea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2014:12:09:06:29:25 by EDFilmClub.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed