FitFunBoxing - Peckham Rye Wednesday Evenings

Extending local awareness of our outdoor boxing session on the Peckham Rye Common Every Wednesday Evening 18:45-20:00.

No matter your boxing ability, FitFunBoxing provides a workout that transcends so many beneficial parameters. It conditions your entire body and provides a challenging but at the same time enjoyable workout. Our integrated approach combines cardio work with boxing drills, interval training, and functional movements to really help you get the most out of this outdoor exercise session. Simply punching works the biceps, triceps and the shoulders, giving you a toned upper body. There are three main moves to employ: jabs; straight forward punches, uppercuts; punching upwards, and hooks; which encourage the body to twist tightening up those core muscles at the same time. When you're not throwing a punch, you're ducking, sliding, and weaving in and out, squatting or lunging strengthening and toning the glutes and leg muscles.

Boxing doesn?t have to be a serious activity and we are firm believers that it can be fun, energetic and effective. Drills can easily be modified to increase or decrease intensity and complexity of the workout. Hitting the pads releases inbuilt tension, stress, aggression and anger brought about by daily external demands placed on us. What an opportunity to get fighting fit... please feel encouraged to come and join us Wednesday evenings, 18:45 on the Rye!

Thank you

For more information please go to www.fitfunactive.co.uk

I've attended the last few of these wednesday evening sessions and plan to keep going through the summer. I have found them to be a really effective and enjoyable workout. The trainers cater for all fitness levels, adapting the workouts to individual ability but still working as a group so the sessions are really inclusive. Everyone, any level of fitness, is made to feel very welcome and like I said, it works!

• 2 weeks later...
Another great session. What is really noticeable is the way in which the class is adapted to accommodate a wide range of fitness levels. Love the little team challenges towards the end of each session that ?disguise? the exercise we have to do ? great fun!! Very motivational, fun and already looking forward to next Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ahead of tomorrows session and with the weather forecast predicting 'a chance of rain' I wanted to reassure everyone that the class will most certainly be on. If the grass is very wet than we will make use of alternative areas of the park to conduct the session. A little rain mustn't stop play. Hope to see many of you there and anyone in 'contemplation phase of readiness' please feel encouraged to join us to. 18:45 by the Cafe On The Rye

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
Very sad to announce that our evening FitFunBoxing sessions have now concluded for the year. We?ll be back again in 2015. I?d like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who has attended any of the evening sessions throughout the year. Thank you and hope to see many of you in the New Year.