Bellenden Road Nature Garden needs your help! Tues 27th May 2014!

Calling all locals to help us out at Bellenden Road Nature Garden!!

TUESDAY 27th MAY 2014, 1pm-4PM. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!

The garden (opposite Highshore School, Bellenden Road)is currently being managed by London Wildlife Trust and a small but dedicated team of volunteers. We are working to restore the garden as a beautiful setting for both wildlife and the local community- with the long term goal of regularly opening the garden to the public as well as hosting events, open days and school/community/education groups.

We work hard on work days every month to improve the garden for wildlife and the community.

The warm spring weather has really had an effect on the garden and it has come to life as a haven for birds, bees, butterflies and the like. BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Many of the plants have grown very very tall and dominated the pathways, raised beds and other features. So we're calling a community work day on Tuesday 27th May to help us manage these plants and carry out a range of other important conservation tasks.

No experience is necessary! Just wear suitable outdoor clothing & shoes and bring along plenty of water. We will provide tools, gloves and training. So please, pop along for a fun afternoon of gardening and wildlife watching!

Please contact me (Hannah Van Hesteren) at [email protected] if you'd like to come along, we'd really appreciate your help.

If you can't attend, please forward this message on to any local friends/relatives/colleagues.

Thanks in advance, we look forward to seeing you all there!

Hannah