FREE Baby Boomer Night! Sunday 6 July at The Ivy House!

Sue

If you are a Baby Boomer (born between 1945 and 1965 apparently) or even if you aren't, come along to The Ivy House on 6 July and hear a load of nostalgic music from the fifties, sixties and seventies.

The eclectic mix will include chart, soul, blues, reggae, Motown and more.

From The Animals to Talking Heads via John Lee Hooker, Dusty Springfield, Wilson Pickett, Small Faces, Cream, Muddy Waters, AARRGGHH too many to include but hey we'll try .....

Starts 7pm.

Following a request by somebody desperate to give us their rendition of a sixties (I think) song, there is now a late addition of a Singaround at some point during the evening (now 8pm! See next post!). So if you're dying to get up and sing your favourite Beatles song or whatever, now's your chance. We WON'T be using the stage or PA, so don't be shy!

It's also half the Goose's (clue - not Nygel's) 65th "celebration" so do come and commiserate :))

More info about the Goose and The Ivy House at http://www.thegooseisout.com

We've decided to start the Singaround at 8pm, and will finish it when everybody who wants to sing has had a chance to sing one song (unless there are too many people, in which case we may have to draw a line, so get there early to be sure of a spot!)

We'd prefer it if you didn't sing sixties songs of doom, unless you've been practising "Eve of Destruction" in the shower for the last month :))

Then we'll continue with more nostalgic tracks (well, nostalgic to those of a certain age :)) )

This is tomorrow night, people!

The Ivy House will be serving food until 8pm, so get there earlyish if you want to eat. Unless you are fond of cake (there may be a bit of cake available if you're quick) :))

There will be the usual excellent range of ales, craft beers, wine etc.

See here for info about the Ivy House (London's first co-operatively-owned pub, and South East London CAMRA pub of the year!)

http://www.ivyhousenunhead.com/

and see here for info about ales etc:

http://www.ivyhousenunhead.com/fooddrink.php

This is tonight!

Fifties/sixties/seventies clothes optional :))

Be there or be square, see you later alligator, etc etc..

Oh, and Nyge and Sue will be singing their (in)famous version of Down The Dustpipe. Be very afraid. If you know it, please feel free to join in and drown us out :))

Phew, thanks to the person who saved the day when I was panicking I wasn't going to be able to play any music tonight due to a memory stick/playlist problem, and fingers crossed it all works later :))