Last Gig & Testament (Sunday 31st Aug 2014)

Kingy

Sunday 31st August at 5:00 p.m. sees the return of Miller Anderson & The Prisonaires to THE HOB, 7 Devonshire Road, Forest Hill, London SE23

This time there is a new horn section featuring Phil Veacock, who is Jools Holland's musical director, and John O'Neill who runs the Jazz sessions at the Ivy House

For those who don't know Miller played Woodstock at the 1969 festival - has been a member of Keef Harley Band, Savoy Brown, Chicken Shack, T.Rex, Mountain, Deep Purple, Spencer Davis Group, etc, etc.

Jim Kimberley from Bruise, Steve Boltz 6'3" and Glenn Tilbrook Band, will be playing drums, Tony Reeves (John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Colloseum, Curved Air, Greenslade, John Martyn, Sandy Denny, Davy Graham) is on bass, Miller and myself will be on guitar (I used to work with Bert Jansch & Davy Graham), with Miller on vocals. Gary Walsh from Shedload of Love and The Dave Briggs Band will be on keyboards.

This will be the last chance to see the band in the immediate future

we are also playing the Aquarius Golf Club Festival, Marmora Rd, London SE22 on saturday 30th August, with Les on drums, Tony on bass with me and Miller, where we will be closing the fesival in the bar at the end of the evening.