Tom Wrigglesworth @ The Castle Comedy Club The Castle - Tonight THU 21ST AUG, 2014 7.30pm doors

Welcome to The Castle Comedy Club!

Dulwich's finest alternative comedy night at the Castle, Crystal Palace Road is here every month a familiar roster of amazing modern comedy acts.

Our next show is headlined by the incredible

TOM WRIGGLESWORTH

SONY RADIO COMEDY AWARD WINNER - 2011

CHORTLE BEST SHOW WINNER - 2010

NEW ZEALAND FESTIVAL BEST INTERNATIONAL COMIC - 2010

EDINBURGH COMEDY AWARD 2009 NOMINEE - 2009

TIME OUT BREAK THROUGH ACT WINNER - 2009

CHORTLE BEST NEWCOMER NOMINEE - 2004

SO YOU THINK YOUR FUNNY WINNER - 2003

With a disarmingly charming delivery and unforgettable appearance, this Yorkshire funny man became a national have-a-go-hero when he rescued a little old lady from the jaws of a Virgin train ticket inspector; only to be arrested for begging. His subsequent stand-up version of the event secured Tom several awards including the Chortle Best Show Award, and a nomination for the main Edinburgh Comedy Award.

This led on to a sell out National Tour, and was taken to the New Zealand Comedy Festival and prestigious Montreal Comedy Festival.

Following this, Tom recorded two series of ?Tom Wrigglesworth?s Open Letters? for BBC Radio 4, tackling common consumer issues in his own hilarious way and winning a highly acclaimed Sony Award for best Radio Comedy along the way. His third series, focusing on telephone conversations with his parents, is expected to air in the autumn of 2013.

Further Radio credits include being a regular side kick and co-host to Rhod Gilbert on his Saturday morning BBC Radio Wales show, as well as numerous airings on panel shows such as ?The Unbelievable Truth?, ?Its Your Round? and ?The Infinite Monkey Cage?.

As a natural and engaging television presenter, Tom put his technical background to use when he appeared on ?Electric Dreams? for BBC 2, advising a modern family on house-hold gadgets as they fast forwarded through three decades of technology.

His latest television project, Engineering Giants, also for BBC 2, saw Tom climbing aboard an oil platform, servicing a passenger ferry, and dismantling a jumbo-jet. He interviewed various engineers and mechanics to keep the viewers informed as the three major strip downs unfolded.

Since winning the Channel 4 new comedian competition, ?So You Think You?re Funny? in 2003, Tom is now firmly established as one of the most original, talented and respected comedians on the UK and International comedy circuit.

AS SEEN ON TV

BBC 2 - ENGINEERING GIANTS

BBC 2 - ELECTRIC DREAMS

BBC 3 - RUSSELL HOWARDS GOOD NEWS

BBC 3 - EDINBURGH COMEDY FEST LIVE

COMEDY CENTRAL - THE COMEDY STORE

?Magical Storytelling?a rare talent?.Hysterical and accomplished? - Time Out

?The Gods of comedy chose Tom Wrigglesworth for greatness? ? Scotsman

MC NEIL COLE

Since his double-act HITCHCOCK?S HALF HOUR (?The new young gods of comedy? ? The Sunday Times) won the Hackney Empire New Act Of The Year Award in 1998, supported Harry Hill on tour and appeared on BBC1?s The Stand-Up Show, Neil has become an excellent, idiosyncratic stand-up comedian on the UK and international comedy circuit. He supported Russell Brand for much of his 2007 UK Tour, has MC?d big music events at the Royal Albert Hall, performed at festivals including DOWNLOAD and Camp Bestival, and is a regular guest on the cult improvised stand-up show Set-List.

?He?s most at home with wordplay, which is frequently elegant, surprising and funny. He has plenty of witty gags you?ll want to try to remember for the pub, and they are real highlights of the show? - Chortle

"Cole is a relaxed amiable presence at the mic, establishing an easy chemistry with his audience... Enjoyably bawdy, with impressive imaginative leaps? - The Scotsman

?a good showing of inspired hilarity, from an adept pro? Chortle

"Amiable and intelligent stand-up? ? The List

?Highly Recommended? ? Time Out

plus

PAT CAHILL >> 3 up and coming acts TBC

Line up subject to rare change. Tickets are ?5 in advance only available on WeGotTickets until 6pm on 21/8/14 http://www.wegottickets.com/location/9159 after then email [email protected] to see if we have any spares or returns Door entry ?7