Mindfulness and Intuitive Painting Taster, 2 - 6pm, Sunday 14th Sept, Grove Park SE5.

"Feel and paint"

Michele Cassou

Point Zero intuitive painting is the practice of dropping below my conditioning to access the creativity and liveliness that lies below it - in all areas of my life. To paint intuitively I surrender the product, give myself permission to be spontaneous like a child, while staying fully present to my feeling. I mean the deep, quiet undercurrent of feeling that flows beneath the clamorous emotions that I can so easily whip up by telling myself stories about how things are. That feeling resides in my body. I lose connection with it the moment I step outside myself to judge myself and my painting, or override it by excessive striving.

When Anna Croucher came for a taster session I was struck by how easy it seemed for her to stay in the painting process, without any of those deadly glances at her painting which so easily allow our inner critics to cut creative process dead. She explained that she practiced and guided mindfulness, facilitating groups in the NHS. And that whenever her internal judges had started up as she painted she would bring herself back to her body and the present moment by doing mindfulness exercises. I was so impressed I have asked her to share her skills with the painters at The Whistling Studio.

Mindfulness is the art of paying attention and being open to your experience, of listening to your heart and body. This course will help you develop the skills to become present to your body and its undercurrent of feeling, and to bring yourself back to them when your attention wanders. Valuable as mindfulness practices in their own right they will enhance your experience of intuitive painting.

The four hour taster costs ?55 and is a glimpse of the course that will run over four Sundays, 8th - 30th November.

Helena welcomes any questions on 07947 104 135

[email protected]

www.paintingyourpathway.co.uk

The Whistling Studio

88 Grove Park

Camberwell

SE5 8LE

Anna Croucher also offers the eight week mindfulness based stress reduction course, and mindful life coaching.

YOLO (You Only Live Once): 07852 172 880