Women Self Defence Workshop - Push Studio - Sat 11 October

FitnFearless

"Studies show that over 8 in 10 who fight back don't get raped"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HV9H0NBIhak/VBdNwL7kT8I/AAAAAAAAEB0/f1q7jsUNf0o/s1600/flier%2B(600px).png

Urban Fit & Fearless Situational Seminar Series

#HOW TO ESCAPE FROM BEING PINNED TO THE GROUND

Saturday October 11th 2014 | 2:30pm-4:30pm

Push Studios | 17 Blackwater Street | East Dulwich SE22 8SD

More information here

#AMoveForThat

@JudithM79, it is not technically overly-challenging as Krav Maga was designed from the onset to be easily learnt and assimilated regardless of age, gender or physical aptitudes.

The ground techniques we teach are particularly refined (i.e simple and efficient) thanks to the supervision of Urban Krav Maga Chief Instructor Leo Negao who's been 4-time Brasilian Jiu Jitsu world champion (he started with Gracie and Murillo Bustamante, then got his black belt under the legendary Fabio Gurgel). He was also training partner to UFC superstar Silva Anderson, so you can't get any better when it comes to ground fighting.

I hope this helps,

I went to this seminar last year and it was really good and I would heartily recommend it. It was my second session of urban krav maga and it was so much fun, so useful and so engaging that I have been going to Patrice's weekly classes when I can since and I have become much fitter and stronger. Best of all, the skills are practical and easy to learn and the people at the classes are friendly and not at all intimidating. I have tried a few other martial arts classes and, while they have been interesting and the people have been nice, they seem to be somewhat reliant on your attacker following the same rules and wearing the same outfit as you.

Urban Krav Maga has been developed to be more reality based and stories from other students suggest it does work in real life. It also teaches confidence and a mental attitude that I have found come in handy in all sorts of situations from board meetings to near misses on my bike to breaking up a fight in the street.

I like the fact that, unlike in some other martial arts, you don't have to wear a special outfit and follow loads of traditions and rules and end up breaking half of them in the first five minutes of your first class (very off putting for a newbie)

If you can't make it to this session do come along on a Wednesday night, from my experience it is one of the most fun ways of getting fit in East Dulwich. www.urbanfitandfearless.com

• 2 weeks later...