Tomorrow at the Ivy House, Nimble Tales - Weds 11am - Storytelling, Cello Tunes and Songs for 0-5s

lovelyrita

After a bit of a break over the summer for other Nimble Arts courses and workshops, I'm back in Nunhead from next week for Nimble Tales, cello music and songs! Every week come join me for a different story - from feisty independent princesses to magical and mysterious beasts, a mixture of tales old and new. I hope to be back at the Dish and the Spoon once they reopen, but I'm trying out a few new venues:

Mondays: 2pm, The Snug at the Old Nuns Head, Nunhead Green

Wednesday: 11am, The Ivy House

It's ?5 per adult (the same how many kids you've got), and for now you can email me at [email protected] to reserve a space or drop in on the day. It'd be helpful for my planning to know if you think you might be coming, as with these times and venues I'm not sure how many to expect!

I'll update this with more details of next week's stories very soon..

Becky x

www.nimblearts.co.uk

This week's tale will my favourite fiendish Princess Penelope, and will feature Elephants, mountains of chocolate cake, princes, peas and a bit of a tale of comeuppance. Also with some music from Saint-Saens, Bach and some original Nimble songs (and some favourite toddler tunes).

These are totally new times and venues that I'm trying out, and drop in is available! However, as I've little idea of how many people to expect, if you know you're coming, PM me or email at [email protected] as it'd be helpful for me to have a bit of an idea of how much space to set out in.

Tomorrow at the Old Nun's Head we'll be downstairs in the snug - all ages welcome 5 and under are welcome, and it's ?5 per family.

Becky x

Don't forget you can drop in and join us tomorrow, 11am at the Ivy House in Nunhead! The glitter ball will be spinning, and we will have stories and songs about animals! I seem to be getting a fair few younger toddlers and babies at sessions, so there will be extra songs, music and bubbles this week :) x

This week we're setting sail for the sea with tales of nautical adventure! Come and join us tomorrow, at 2pm at the old nuns head (and Wednesday 11am at the ivy house)!

As ever, drop me a line if you know you're coming, or be spontaneous and drop in and join us!

This week I've got some new shakers, and the tale of Snorgelpuff, the ever-hungry monster! Tales and songs of rumbling tummies and delicious grub, do drop in and join us! Tomorrow (Monday 13th) 2pm at the Old Nuns Head, and Wednesday, 11am at the wonderful Ivy House (plenty of space for buggies at both venues!)

This week we've slightly spooky (but not scary!) Halloween themed tales and music - our last week before a week off for half term (whilst we're running the Nimble Arts Holiday Club in Heber). Come join us, tomorrow we'll be upstairs at the Old Nuns Head, and Friday underneath the disco ball at the Ivy House! Drop in and join us, if you know you're coming, do let me know, as ever it's useful to have an idea of ages coming!

If you can make it out through the howling winds and rain, a warm welcome awaits at the Ivy House tomorrow morning! Join us at 11am for comfortable sofas (if you get there first!), songs and stories underneath the swirling glitter ball. Drop ins welcome, although let me know if you're planning on coming as it's useful to get an idea of numbers.

Tomorrow we'll be chasing away autumnal blues with lots of animal songs, the story of how Esmerelda the little witch conquered her fear of spiders, shakers galore, cello tunes and a bit of a bubble fuelled boogie.

This is our last session before a half term break next week, and then back from November 5th.

x

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to shelter from the rain and gloom tomorrow morning in the warm belly of the Ivy House, 11am, for parents carers and your under 5s! There will be comfy sofas, the soft glow of the glitter ball, and plenty of space for buggies and cars.

Drop in and join us - it'll be the story of Cinderella, with some cello tunes and a bit of a boogie to a Smiths classic!

?5 per adult x

This week it's animal tales! Come and join us on Monday at 2pm at the Old Nuns Head or Wednesday at 11am at the Ivy House - if you know you're coming, do let me know, and drop ins are welcome! Wednesday is beginning to get fairly busy, so I'll probably add a class after Christmas, watch this space...

x

Just a wee reminder that you can drop in and join us tomorrow at 11am at the Ivy House for animal tales, cello tunes, shakers, scarves and songs, plus the most realistic toy guinea pig (almost eerie..) I have ever found.

This session is beginning to get busier, so I'm hoping to add in an extra Friday toddler session after Christmas, any advice or thoughts on venues very welcome, and I'll pop the details on here once these are fixed. We'll also be running Nimble parent/carer ukulele lessons for parents with pre-walkers, email me at [email protected] if you want to know more, as these'll be pretty small classes.

We're going to have a couple of midweek Christmas folky-ish parties instead of our classes during the week of term, and we'll have a bit more of a singalong, a longer boogie with the small people, extra musicians and some craft activities afterwards, in case anyone fancies a festive chat and maybe even a small tipple of some mulled wine. Watch this space, as we'll probably book these up so we can work out how many extra musicians from the Nimble team we can rope in :)