Fuzzy's Fun Phonics - new alphabet class for pre-school kids - term starts this week!

Hi Everyone

Fuzzy's Fun Phonics is new class designed to teach pre-school children from 2 1/2 - 4 years old their alphabet.

Fuzzy is a cheeky excitable bird who is learning his letters. Every week he meets a new friend - one for each letter of the alphabet. This friend is accompanied by a rhythmic, rhyming story with lots of alliteration to reinforce the sound of the week.

We also look at the shape of the letter, practice writing it using dots, and finding it within a multitude of different sensory mediums. More information can be found at: http://www.fuzzyandfriends.com

There are free snacks and drinks for both kids and grown ups.

Sessions are kept small, just 8 children in each class so everyone benefits from individual attention.

Classes are held on Beckwith Road, SE24 at the following times:

Tuesday: 10am

Wednesday: 1.30pm

Thursday 10am

Thursday 1.30pm

Friday 10am

The first week of term is next week, so we will be focusing on the letter A. Fuzzy will meet an amazing alien whose spaceship crashes into an attic!

If you would like to come along and try out a class you can do so for an introductory offer of ?3 for your first session (remember this includes free refreshments). But be quick, for there are only a couple of spaces left for each session!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tara

[email protected]

I took my son to the class last week for the first time and it was great. Lots of fun/games/stories, and a nice area to wait/play with smaller ones who aren't joining in. Would definitely recommend it. We've signed up for the term now.

Tom who I look after loved the class and we will be signing up for the 9 week term. It's very informative, enjoyable and encompasses everything your children will want from a class. Please come along and see!!! Thanks Tara and see you Thursday for some alien fun!!!!

I look after Frank he's 2 1/2. He loved this class. Learning made exciting & interesting. Learning the sound of letters with the help of songs, poems, toys & Tara was a very enthusiastic teacher too. Great class 10/10. Try it !

The second full week of term is upon us.... we are looking at the letter B (along with re-capping past letters) and we'll start using the letters to make simple words this week.

The letter B is a really fun week - there will be model balloon birds for each child to take away and halloween themed paper bats as well. Plus we will be meeting a cheeky bird called Bertie who doesn't want to have his bath!

There are still a few spaces in some of the classes so please get in touch if you'd like to try it out.

Thanks very much

Tara

These classes are brilliant. My daughter loves it and what makes it even better is her 1 yr old brother can come along and enjoys it too. There are so few classes that work for preschool and younger sibling but this is definitely one of them. My daughters new favourite game is 'I spy' and sounding out phonics-it's not even work just fun. Tara is superb and puts so much effort in the kids have a blast. Give it a go you won't be disappointed...

These classes are totally brilliant for the 3-4 year old age range (and younger I'm sure too). My son has become so interested in letters since he started. It is really difficult to find activities for 3-4 year olds, I find. Most are far too baby-ish. These are highly recommended!