A new hidden secret on the high street of East Dulwich!!

capt Morgan

This week-end I fell in love with a tiny purely magical shop that has just opened in 51 Grove Vale at the bottom of Clothes For Causes charity shop. I often go to Clothes for Causes because of the high quality designer items that they offer and they have new arrivals every week.

But.. last Saturday I was invited to enter 'SASARA'S TARDIS' (like Dr Who's!) tucked at the back of the shop. I was gobsmacked by the beauty of the artwork and the charming personality of the owner helping... we became good friends in no time.

Sasara's Tardis is the name of Val Kelly's mini-temple.

Val's company's name is 'Sasara' and was created to market and trade her artwork.

She is a prolific photographer who's skills extend to (amongst other things) the making of astonishing frames.

She works with reclaimed wood and various material to give a splendid rustique sort of Shabby Chic effect; very much on the chic side. I just love them!

The photos in these frames are black & white and the collection is named 'THE STREETS: LONDON & BEYOND'.

Stunning photos, mainly of local landmarks in south east London including ED, Forest Hill, Bromley... but also some other parts of London, Paris, South East Asia, Caribean.. (great series of colourful greeting cards shot in Jamaica; the only coloured spots in the Tardis). There is a large aluminium framed photo of St Pauls which is phenomenal.

Some are small, others medium size and others very large - like this impressive Charlie Chaplin shot on the embankment which Val has placed in a classic Gallery type frame... Some photos are quite funny. You will see people, buildings, monuments, artists, animals... There is something for everyone. Oh and there is a photo of a large laid back dog taken by Val at 'Le Marche Au Puce' (Paris flee market) which will bring more than a smile on your face.

This is a unique place selling truly artistic work. The presentation is very professional. (Val has been trained by one of the top master framer in the UK). Ask her to show you the back of her framed photos and you will understand that you are dealing with someone who masters her 'job' to the highest standards.

It is not cheap but it is very affordable and considering the quality and standard of Val's work I believe that it currently is nothing but pure bargains.

I hope I gave you a hint of what to expect. Go and see by yourself, Val is very welcoming and will answer any question about herself and her work.. or the incidence of the high cost of butter in Lower Slobovia in our daily lives. Enjoy and maybe, like me buy a few gems before the prices go up!

Sasara's Tardis.. what a great name!

(The website is www.sasara.co.uk)

mishadreams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How odd, 1st post as well, nothing b4 or after

> just raving about a new place! stinks really!

Where on earth do you guys come from?

What is odd in starting to post in a forum that you just joined?

It 'stinks really' you say.... what are you on?

Where is the moderator?

This is not a forum, it is a snake pit.

I may be new here but I am a senior citizen and would suggest that you refrain putting down offensive commments in this forum.

I love the work of this artist and would like to be able to post more about her and other local artists without being subject to distateful, vindictive and totaly unfounded 'bad intentioned' critics. This is weird.. do you realise how sick this is?

It is anti-social and should not have its place in this forum.

In the meantime I warmly advise you to visit Sasara's Tardis. You might feel the need to come back here and apologize... who knows?