JAGS Soccer School - weekends

Calling all budding footballers....

The all new... JAGS Soccer School returns this weekend, 10th & 11th January 2015.

To celebrate the new year we will be inviting all 4 ? 16 year olds to come along for a FREE football session this Saturday and Sunday at JAGS SPORTS CLUB. The Club will be hosting a new, exciting and revamped session which will put all young footballers through their paces as well as developing skills and stamina. Spread the word and tell friends...the more the merrier.

Sessions on Saturday start at 9am until 10.30am on the astro turf pitch whilst Sunday (9am ? 10.30am) is on grass.

Please report to the Club reception and a member of the crew will show you to the astro turf pitch.

Look forward to seeing you.

JAGS

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the grass pitches being waterlogged the Soccer session this Sunday (18th January 2015) has been cancelled, we hope to have the sessions back on for Sunday 25th January. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The session on Saturday 17th January will go ahead as normal on the astro turf pitch, sessions cost ?5 and payment is to be made at reception.

Tomorrows session will implement games and drills designed to improve passing, a skill which is fundamental to the game.

Come and join the fun? Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

JAGS

Big shame, Danny is not running the club anymore.

It feels completely different, we miss Danny hugely and I am not sure if we'll stick with it

(even though the new guys are doing a good job).

If anybody knows if Danny runs a football session somewhere else - please let me know.

Does anyone know why Danny isnt doing it any more? That is a real shame last time I saw him he had no plans to give it up so has he been forced out? Hek ew my sons by name and also did some great football parties for us at jags as well as being a good mentor & encouraging football coach.

Morning All,

Just to answer some of your questions... Unfortunately these sessions are no longer taken by Danny. I agree with all of your comments, Danny is a fantastic coach and has built the sessions up over a number of years which has seen him become a key figure in many of your children's football development.

Danny has not been forced out, Danny made the decision to resign from his hours at JAGS Sports Club and after a number of attempts to keep him, he has stuck to his decision. It is a big loss for the Sports Club but we have had to move on and find a replacement in which will continue Danny's great work with emphasis on trying to improve the sessions further.

Our new coaches are a fantastic and dedicated group in which are well known in the Dulwich area, they have close links with primary schools and are dedicated to taking the sessions here at JAGS to the next level, providing action packed sessions which are fun and enjoyable for all.

The Club wishes Danny well in the future and hope to see many of you giving the new sessions a go... We are confident you will not be disappointed.

If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the club by calling 0208 613 6500 or emailing direct at [email protected]

Kind regards,

JAGS

This sounds like an attempt at a bit of cover up PR by jags - I and other local families who know Danny have been told that Danny has been treated very badly by Jags, a letter of complaint signed by many local families has been sent to Jags. I am sure that the letter & details will be posted on forum in next couple of days.

Morning Keane,

I can assure you the previous message was not an attempt at a cover up by the Sports Club. The Club has been completely open in regards to this situation and would be happy to discuss this further if you wish...?

The notion that Danny has been treated very badly is completely incorrect, numerous attempts were made to try and get Danny to stay, he made the decision to resign which left the Club with no alternative but to look at other arrangements.

In regards to the letter of complaint, we are happy to receive feedback and will respond to all however the Club is in no position to deal with Danny's departure as he is the one that has decided to leave.

Again, happy to discuss further, you can contact the Club on 0208 613 6500 or email [email protected]

Many thanks,

JAGS

We are pleased to say the pitch has passed its inspection and both sessions will be running this weekend, 24th & 25th January 2015.

Following on from the success of the passing drills last week, the coaching team will be incorporating drills and games based around turning with the ball, using different techniques to aid changing direction with the ball at your feet.

The famous Cruyff turn is the perfect example of poetry in motion.

Sessions cost ?5 which should be paid at reception... Saturday 9-10.30am Astro Turf Pitch, Sunday 9-10.30, Grass Pitches.

The last couple of weeks has seen some very cold mornings, please ensure children have plenty of warm clothing, the coaches will have them all on the move however it is important to have some base layers...

Look forward to seeing you at the weekend....

JAGS

As it stands both the Saturday & Sunday Football session will be ON this weekend, with the weather forecast not looking to promising any updates on the sessions will posted on here as well as the JAGS website.

This weeks sessions will focus on Shooting, with drills and games designed to bring out the clinical finisher in every child.

Watch with pride as your child slots the ball into the back of the net...

Sessions will run Saturday (astro turf pitch) & Sunday (grass) between 9-10.30am, each session costs ?5 and should be paid at reception.

Look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

JAGS

I share everyones feelings about Danny, I spoke to him on Friday and said he will be back after some time in good weather.

Very tearful goodbye.

As feedback from the new guys who have taken over; it needs to be more fun, our kids need to improve skills etc but not at the expense of enjoyment. The three sessions we have been to this year have all been too slow and boring with kids spending more time with hands in pockets rather than running about. As an example waiting 10 goes to kick the ball (shooting practice) does not improve skills. In an 5 minute session my son touched the ball a handfull of times and spent the rest queueing.

Danny was never going to produce Messi's but the kids loved playing, regardless of ability and that is the reason we kept pitching up, not to improve the fundamentals of the game.

Also can JAGS please tell me if the toddler kick about is still happening? It was on the weekends at 11am.

Thanks

W

Hi iamchunx,

Thank you for your feedback, I agree the great thing about the sessions is that they are fun. The emphasise will always be to make the sessions as enjoyable as possible whilst implementing particular skills. I will provide your feedback to the coaches.

We have decided to go down the route of not simply providing a session in which children run around for an hour and a half. To implement a skill or technique which a child can then take away from the session is a clear objective however games etc and fun will always be implemented. The Sports Club are aware this may not be everyone's cup of tea however we are confident given time the sessions will be on level par and exceed what has ran in the past.

Danny leaving the sessions was his decision and a decision the Club regrets, however we have had to move on and hope you can once again enjoy the sessions that run here a JAGS.

The Babybooter sessions which run on a Saturday & Sunday between 11am-12pm will continue as normal as of this weekend.

Please do not hesitate to contact the club if you require any further information by either calling 0208 613 6500 or emailing [email protected]

JAGS

Yes- I agree with these comments! My son has said that he wants to be playing more than doing drills.

-------------------------------------------------------

> I share everyones feelings about Danny, I spoke to

> him on Friday and said he will be back after some

> time in good weather.

> Very tearful goodbye.

>

> As feedback from the new guys who have taken over;

> it needs to be more fun, our kids need to improve

> skills etc but not at the expense of enjoyment.

> The three sessions we have been to this year have

> all been too slow and boring with kids spending

> more time with hands in pockets rather than

> running about. As an example waiting 10 goes to

> kick the ball (shooting practice) does not improve

> skills. In an 5 minute session my son touched the

> ball a handfull of times and spent the rest

> queueing.

> Danny was never going to produce Messi's but the

> kids loved playing, regardless of ability and that

> is the reason we kept pitching up, not to improve

> the fundamentals of the game.

>

>

> Also can JAGS please tell me if the toddler kick

> about is still happening? It was on the weekends

> at 11am.

>

> Thanks

>

> W

Afternoon,

I have passed all feedback onto the coaching team. The sessions and drills are designed to give a child an insight into something new, the sessions are still heavily based around games, we believe it is fundamental to provide some coaching rather than coaches to ref games.

With the new coaching team having now settled in I hope you will all start to see the progress the sessions are making.

The Sports Club are now in a privileged position to have some fantastic young coaches at our disposal, they come with a wealth of experience and have been providing sessions for children of all abilities, all over the world.

Sessions this weekend, Saturday (astro turf) & Sunday (grass), 9-10.30am will both be going ahead, it is set to be chilly so please wrap up warm.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

JAGS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schools are back and so it our Friday night Soccer Academy drop-in. C

Come along tonight 6-7pm for an hour of football fun.

The weekend sessions, 9-10.30am will also be running as normal. Please do remember, Saturday is on the astro turf pitch whilst Sunday is on the grass.

Sessions cost ?5 with payment being made at reception.

Look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

JAGS

Danny is definitely missed by my family and especially my son. When my boy was younger he was a tearful troublemaker on the pitch but Danny really knew how to work with him and over time he flourished.

But we've been going to the new sessions and like them quite a lot. I think it's good that they start with skill development games and that each child gets a ball or gets to play in small groups. The matches are smaller now too, giving more children a chance at the ball. Previously, when many more than 11 kids per side were playing, my son basically danced around with his head in the clouds. Now the numbers are more reasonable and kids pass the ball to him which keeps him focused on the match.

Not that my son would have had the focus and confidence to stay in the match, taking wins and losses, without Danny's wonderful coaching for the last two years. I will always be very grateful to him for that. I look forward to hearing where he coaches next -- we'll be there!

With the long winter seeming to be over we are pleased to say all sessions this weekend will be running as normal, with 14/15 degrees predicted it will certainly be warmer than previous weeks.

Friday, 6-7pm, astro turf pitch

Saturday, 9-10.30am, astro turf pitch

Sunday, 9-10.30am, grass

These fun and exciting sessions this week will focus on small sided games, 1 v 1??s, 3 v 3??s etc, giving each child more time on the ball to express themselves.

All sessions here at the Sports Club are designed to be fun and engaging for all taking part with emphasis on introducing a new skill/technique which can then be portrayed in smaller sided games.

We look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

JAGS

We spoke to soon..... although rain forecast for this weekend all sessions promise to be as fun as ever. All sessions this week will run as normal;

Sunday, 9-10.30am, grass

The fun sessions this week will again focus on turning allowing your children to get out of tricky situations whilst maintaining possession of the football.

All sessions here at the Sports Club are designed to be fun and engaging for all taking part with emphasis on introducing a new skill/technique which can then be portrayed in smaller sided games.

JAGS

Soccer Academy 20th, 21st & 22nd March 2015 @ JAGS Sports Club.

All Soccer Academy sessions will run as normal this weekend?

Sunday, 9-10.30am, grass

This weeks sessions will again focus on dribbling, the session will demonstrate the importance of being able to beat a player. Children will experience the joy of getting past an opponent and setting up the next phase of play.

JAGS

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the Easter weekend there will be no Soccer Academy & Baby Booter sessions on Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April 2015.

Sessions will return as normal on the 11th & 12th April.

We hope you all have a great long weekend and look forward to seeing you on our return.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

JAGS

• 2 weeks later...

With Easter a distant memory its back to work for the football coaches...

Saturday & Sunday sessions will resume this weekend, 11th & 12th April 2015, 9-10.30am.

Both days will now be on the astro turf pitch. Sessions cost ?5 which is to be paid at reception.

This weekend will be World Cup themed session with plenty of little games allowing everyone express what they have learned over the weeks.

Weather looks promising, look forward to seeing you all soon.

JAGS

P.S Children between 18 months - 4 years can attend the ever growing Babybooter sessions which run in the sports hall between 11am - 12 noon on both Saturday & Sunday, again these resume this weekend. ?4...

Weekend Soccer School runs as normal this weekend, 18th & 19th April 2015.

Both days between 9-10.30am.

Due to pitch maintenance the Saturday session will take place on the grass whilst the Sunday will be on the astro turf.

With midweek temperatures booming it looks like they will return to normal this weekend so please wear appropriate clothing.

This weeks sessions will focus on passing.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

JAGS