social cycle ride

Helena

Hi

Myself and a friend are thinking of arranging a bike ride one day over the Easter weekend (Fri-Sun). We are looking for a route in the countryside, starting the ride short train journey away. The plan would be to have a pub lunch and maybe a tea stop on route. Thinking of about 30 miles at a fairly leisurely pace. If it goes well we might make it a regular thing. Let me know if you are interested. Any suggestions for a route welcome (I have a terrible sense of direction) (my wingman is looking for a route).

Helen

Helena,

A splended idea! I have taken rides from Goose Green for many years everyother Sunday.

I had 3 variations:

1. A ride into the country such as Down House, tea & cake then a ride back.

2. Ride to a further destination such as Brighton, a pint + food and take a train back, and finally...

3. Enjoy the London Parks - Hyde Park, Regents Park or even Southwark Park. Tea & cake, with lots of blue plaques to view enroute such as the:

a) Mayflower launch (1620) by Rotherhide tunnel

b) Just around the corner, a blue plaque for Micheal Caine

c) Brunell Museum

On yer bike! And have a great time :-)

McCabe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on an hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In