Ivy House Beer Festival - April 16th-18th

h1981

...starring....Beer!! Twenty-something beers (and some ciders) from London and the UK. Also featuring beer/food-matching on the Thursday, live music (Songs & Stories From A Room - Irish singer-songwriters) on Friday evening, Yapa (French guitarists and percussion extraordinaire) on Saturday evening) and Record Store Day vinyl spinning Saturday afternoon into the evening. Further details imminently. 40 Stuart Road, London SE15

The Beer Festival has officially begun. Casks are nestling enticingly on racks in the refectory, the pub's smaller back room. Seats are occupied. Ale is being supped. All these beers are ?3.50 a pint. In addition we will have our usual range of beers on our regular pumps.

Also on tonight, in celebration of tomorrow's International Day Of Peasants Struggle, The Community Food Growers Network are hosting a Peasants Struggle Pub Quiz - 7.30 to 8.30 in the main room. All welcome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I'm basing it on 20+ years cycling in London and seeing the absolute biggest rule-breakers being my fellow cyclists. I once stopped at a zebra crossing to let a man cross and a cyclist behind me called me a putain for stopping.  I've even witnessed a grown man aggressively ringing his bell and swearing at a four year old child for not getting out of his way.... on a footpath.... in Burgess Park.  I genuinely cannot remember the last time a cyclist stopped for me at a pedestrian crossing.  They give the rest of us cyclists and bad name and turn the traffic against us.   
    • Sorry to hear and glad you and hopefully bike OK and doesn't put you off cycling. Please do inform the police even if that sounds a waste of time.  Do consider going to the Motor Insurance Bureau, the slush fund set up by insurers for untraced/uninsured motorists.
    • Week 32 fixtures...   Saturday 20th April Luton Town v Brentford Sheffield United v Burnley Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal   Sunday 21st April Everton v Nottingham Forest Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth Crystal Palace v West Ham United Fulham v Liverpool   Tuesday 23rd April Arsenal v Chelsea   Wednesday 24th April Wolverhampton Wanderers v AFC Bournemouth Crystal Palace v Newcastle United Everton v Liverpool Manchester United v Sheffield United   Thursday 25th April Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City
    • Hi, Did any one manage to get the license number of the the white van that knocked me off my bike.   He was making an illegal left turn from Matham Grove, a one way street into East Dulwich Grove.  I had my hand up to indicate I was there but he ran me over anyway.  As I was lying on the road under my bike I noticed people had witnessed what had occurred and wondered if anyone has the registeration plate of the vehicle.   Thanks to those who helped me. Please message me here if you have that information or any videos of the event.  I would be grateful.  Relatively unharmed, bruised leg, twisted knee, sore shoulder. However, I need my bike to be looked at to check it is in good working order and road worthy. Sam
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In