'Make a Bake'. A new monthly baking group. Starts 18th August. East Dulwich.

Let's start an East Dulwich baking group! Myself and Tash want to start a group that meets monthly to taste each others delicious baked goods whilst enjoying a drink and chat! This is not about competition (or we'd have called the group 'The Great Dulwich Bake Off'!), it's just a relaxed way to try and share ideas with fellow amateur bakers.

I will hold the first one at my house and then hopefully others could host. The premise is simple, bring along something you've baked! For the first one there will be no theme, bring along anything you like. In the following months we might have themes e.g. tarts, biscuits, cakes, bread etc.

It will be held on the third Tuesday of each month starting on 18th August at 7:45/8pm.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Looking forward to meeting fellow bakers:-)

Holly (& Tash) x

Dear Holly and Tash,

This sounds like a great idea! I'm sure there are lots of keen bakers lurking in ED - especially given the plethora of Kitchen shops on Lordship lane! I'm all for sharing recipes and baking tips = can we persuade others to join?

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fab idea! I'll run the date past the hubby as he'll have to look after the kids but hopefully I can join this first evening. Question, what will we do with all the leftover cake...? As we'd all be bringing one whole cake?

Hope you can make it, let me know if so and I'll PM you the details. I hadn't thought about leftovers! Take it home or to work I guess. And it doesn't have to be cake for baking, it can be pies, biscuits, bread, tarts etc. It would be nice to have variety :-)

Hope to see you on the 18th.

Holly

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow bakers!

The first meeting on 18th August is almost here! Hope you've managed to decide what to bake:-)

If I've forgotten to give anyone my phone number and address please let me know and I'll private message you. We'll meet from 7:30 with a view to start at 8. I'll have tea and coffee but feel free to bring wine etc.

At the first meeting we can discuss future meetings, locations, format etc.

Can't wait to meet you all and taste your baking!

Holly

Hello :-)

Thank you so much to everyone who came along tonight for our first session! It was great fun and I think it's fair to say we're all pretty full! I'll post again in the next few days with the plan for the next few sessions, dates, themes etc.

In the meantime if anyone would like to share their recipes from tonight, please do so!

Holly xx