Tomorrow - Aquarius Festival 2015 - Saturday 29th August from 12.00 noon.

Kick off the Bank Holiday Weekend in Style at Aquarius Festival 2015!!!

Saturday 29th August, from 12.00 noon. Admission just ?2.00 (?3.00 couples/families, kids free)

This year?s Aquarius Festival, which is always held on the last Saturday in August at the Aquarius Golf Club, is falling for the first time on August Bank Holiday weekend.

The Festival promises the usual combination of great live music through the afternoon and evening with a selection of sports and fun activities to keep your kids absorbed and active through the day.

For those who have yet to discover the Aquarius Festival, an annual celebration of music and family fun now in its 6th year, it is a brilliant way to spend a day watching great bands, relaxing on the wide open spaces of Aquarius Golf Course, and enjoying the views and the characterful bar and amenities of the Golf Club. All in an incredible and secure environment. And all for just ?2.00 admission, with kids for free, and couples/families for just ?3.00.

Music is staged outdoors on a ?main? stage, from 1.30pm until around sunset. Music also runs in the Club hall on a smaller indoor stage, starting a little later, but running right through until the club closes at 11.00pm.

This year?s line up of music is as good as it has ever been.

We have a host of new acts, ranging from the excellent kids bands from Felix School of Rock through to seasoned session players and iconic stars of the jazz scene. I?d like to tell you about all of the acts, but it would take too long.?

The highlight for me is the first festival appearance of the incredible jazz guitarist Nigel price, with his awesome organ trio. Nigel is widely regarded as one of the hottest musicians on the world jazz scene today, so we hope to attract a decent crowd of jazz lovers to the festival as it moves into the evening. This will be a five-star gig, with moments to savour throughout.

This is what the Aquarius Festival is all about. Putting young emerging local talent alongside the very best of the music industry, with a totally unrestrictive entry fee of just ?2.00.

Here?s the line up as it should play out through the day.

Main stage

1.30pm - Felix School of Rock (2 bands)

2.30pm - Emily C Smith ? emerging local artist with BBC Radio 6 attention

3.30pm ? The Hit Men (UK) ? the best party band in London

5.00pm ? Axis ? seasoned session band playing blues, soul & jazz

6.30pm ? Hungry Grass ? raucous Irish revelry at its very best

Indoor stage

3.30 - Jonah?s Raft ? acoustic/country/folk/rock

4.30 - Jessica Carmody - incredible, beautiful folk/pop soloist

5.00 - 6.00 ? Jack Joseph Band ? beautifully dark, melancholic drifting songs & soundscapes

6.30 ? Alice in Grooveland ? London?s finest Jazz Funk outfit

8.00 ? Nigel Price Organ Trio ? World renowned jazz guitar/organ/drums trio

Finally, in the bar

9.30 ? Hungry Grass ? a second set, to keep the mood high, and the drinks flowing

Also returning to the Festival is the incredible and utterly hypnotic kite display team The Decorators, who provide what can only be described as aerial ballet.

There will be an all-day BBQ serving simple Barbie fayre ? including veggie options, and of course, the Club bar will be open to keep the crowd well hydrated.

Fun for kids will include an Athletic ?playground?, run for us by coaching staff from England Athletics, and TriGolf, a beginners golf area, run by professionals from Kent Golf Union, as well as the usual bouncy castle.

We are, as always, praying for fair weather, and looking forward to another fabulous and memorable day of live music and family fun!

So kick start your Bank Holiday weekend at the best little festival in Britain. Aquarius Festival 2015!!

Please download and share the attached poster on your FB & twitter networks to spread the word!!!

I just got a PM question regarding bringing picnics into the Festival.

To make it clear, our licence & event insurance only covers the club for food and drink sold on and consumed in the premises, so realistically people bringing their own food should be turned away. This is exactly the same as the major music events at Hyde Park, where the ruling is quite rigorously applied.

There is a BBQ on site that will be selling basic high quality burgers, sausages and veggie burgers in rolls, so you need not starve. Fresh water will also be available, and the bar also sells a selection of crisps, nuts and chocolate bars. I believe we will also have an ice cream van and a candy-floss stall, so there's a reasonable selection of snacks & food to choose from.

So please attend in the knowledge that bringing your own food into the event could effectively jeopardise our licence/event insurance, and potentially compromise future applications.

Sorry for the red tape detail, but we want to keep this Festival on the calendar!!!!

Just waking up mildy hungover from the best Aquarius Festival ever - depite the rain thta shortened sets and brought the bands inside we were treated to musical sensation after musical sensation and the Nigel Price Organ Trio played one of the finest jazz sets I've ever had the pleasure to hear. Still East Dulwich's best kept musical secret but glad to hear Brian declare at the end of the night after a celtic hoe down from the Irish Hungry Grass band (the fiddler has played on the soundtracks to Hobbit and Lord of the Rings) that he will keep doing this whlst there is breath in his body.

An outstanding festival huge thanks Brian for pulling it off , putting in all the time and selecting such musical gems. We'll be back....