Nimble Tales: Cello tunes, stories & music for 0-5s - This Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday!

lovelyrita

Nimble Tales, Storytelling and Music is back with Becky and her cello from the 8th September onwards, with a heap of new venues and exciting stories and songs! Every week we'll go on a new interactive storytelling adventure, with the help of puppets, scarves, bubbles and a lot of imagination (and a wee bit of silliness!). Stories include feisty princesses and reluctant dragons, with lots of songs you know, and some written specially.

Sessions are all suitable for mixed ages 0-5s, unless otherwise stated. We're big believers that stories and drama are important for even pre-verbal babies (and they definitely are for parents), and come with an accompaniment of lots of songs, shakers and sensory activities:

Mondays: 11am, UPDATE - this session is now at the Dish and the Spoon Cafe, 61 Cheltenham Road, SE15 3AF

Tuesdays: 11am, Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe, 34 East Dulwich Road SE22 9AX - first class of term is the 8th September

Wednesdays: 10am (mixed age), 11am (0-2s only), The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road SE15 3BE- first classes of term the 9th September. Wednesday 11am class can get very busy, so please make sure you book in advance for this one!

Fridays: 11.15am (mixed age) Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road, SE14 5TY - first class of term the 12th September

Prices and booking:

If you're coming to a one-off class it's ?6 per session, but you can buy a 6 class flexicard for ?30 (?5 per session) and use this at any 6 sessions. Alternatively, you can book for a whole half term at the equivalent of ?4.50 per class. We sometimes have drop in space, but can get very busy at our more established classes, so would recommend booking in advance at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421 to be sure of your space. You can be our friend on Facebook for latest Nimble Tots updates and news at https://www.facebook.com/NimbleTots

More about Becky and Nimble Tales...

Becky is a professional music workshop leader, education project manager and storyteller, and is a former Sound Connections Early Years Music trainee, with a Masters in Contemporary Musicology and diploma on the cello. Most songs and stories are road-tested on her own 2 year old first! She has may years of experience teaching, managing and running outreach and educational music projects, including local Nimble Arts holiday clubs, and 5 years working in the education department with the BBC Proms and Symphony Orchestra. You might well have also seen her popping up delivering sessions at the Horniman museum, as well as other festivals, museums and arts centres. All sessions are carefully devised to be suitable for youngsters and parents and carers alike, but with plenty of magic and silliness to help us enjoy these impending wintery days!

Huzzah! Don't forget term starts this week (although on TUESDAY - Monday class starts the week after) - advance booking is recommended by following the link above, and hope to see lots of you there!

This week is the tale of Derek the reluctant dragon and a feisty princess who'd rather be learning magic than waiting for her prince to arrive...

Whew, it's been a busy and fun week of Nimble Tales so far - our last outing of Derek the Dragon is tomorrow at the Telegraph Hill Centre at 11am, and it's a brand new venue for us! There should be some drop-in space available, or booking is available at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421

For next week, as Nunhead Community Centre has been delayed in its opening, we'll be trying out the Nunhead 'Beer Shop' as a venue on Mondays at 11am. It's just across the way from Nunhead Green, and don't worry, despite the name, there will be tea on tap, as probably more apt to a Monday morning with little people! There's parking near by. The address is 40 Nunhead Green, London SE15 3QF - not as much buggy space as some of our venues, so if you can bring a sling or a fold-down, that'd be brilliant, but we'll definitely be okay with some buggies and prams!

This week's Wednesday classes were particularly busy, and Tuesday was quite full, so if you're thinking of coming along next week, to be sure of a space, do book in (although if we can squeeze in drop ins I always will do my best to make it work!)

This week for Nimble Tales we'll be going on an adventurous walk through the woods with Red Riding Hood, featuring perhaps the world's smallest wolf, and lots of live cello music and singing! It's a full week of term, with classes:

Monday 11am: The first Monday Nunhead class of term at the Beer Shop Nunhead, 40 Nunhead Green, London SE15 3QF

Tuesday 11am: Nimble Tales at Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe, East Dulwich

Wednesday 10am (mixed ages), 11am (0-2s only): Nimble Tales at the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead

Friday 11am: Nimble Tales at Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road

There's currently drop in spaces at all sessions, but advance recommended to guarantee a space, as some classes can get very busy - particularly the Wednesday 11am session! You can book in at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421, and it's ?6 to PAYG, or you can buy a 6-class flexicard (any 6 classes, no expiry date) for ?30.

Plus, also this week, if you're looking for something a bit different? Don't forget our indie tots disco on Sunday at 11am at the Nines Peckham! A daytime disco for parents, carers and 0-5s with proper music, Nimble crafts and bubbles. Music this time is a new-wave and post-punk special! Tickets for this are available at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=1230

We've some drop in spaces this morning for Nimble Tales at Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe in East Dulwich, so drop in and join us (or you can book in online to guarantee the space).

Don't forget that if you're staying for lunch, they've a very scrummy new sandwiches range, and if you quote code 'bananahammock' you'll save 50%!

x

This week, in honour of the 'somewhat grumpy' Nimble Tot, I'll be telling an on Nimble Tots favourite, the story of Penelope the Princess, a grumpy wee madam who thinks all she needs do is stamp her feet and scream and she gets everything she wants... A story involving elephants (and a bit of Saint-Saens), chocolate cake and princes and peas, plus, of course, cello tunes, songs, scarves, shakers and new this week, maybe even some glittery pompoms!

Sessions this week are below - we were pretty busy last week at some sessions, so do book in advance if you want to guarantee your space, but we'll always do our best to squeeze drop ins in! Classes are all mixed classes suitable for 0-5s, apart from 11am on Wednesdays which is just for littler ones.

Monday 11am: The Beer Shop, Nunhead, 40 Nunhead Green (from next week, this class will be at the Dish and the Spoon Cafe, where we've got a little more space!)

Tuesday 11am: Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe, 34 East Dulwich Road, SE22 9AX

Wednesday: 10am (mixed class), 11am (0-2s only), the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead

Friday 11.15am: Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road

?6 PAYG, cheaper if you buy a block of 6 classes. Book in online at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421

This week it's an animal sounds special at Nimble Tales for 0-5s, as Boris the Bird decides he doesn't like his squawk and needs a new song... Including lots of cello tunes, ukulele songs, shakers and puppets. As classes are getting busier, I'd recommend booking in advance if you can - I'll always do my best to squeeze in drop ins, but we were full to the brim for a couple of classes last week! PAYG is ?6 or a wee bit cheaper if you book a 6 week flexicard - booking at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421

This week's classes are:

Monday: 11am, The Dish and the Spoon, 61 Cheltenham Road, SE15 6AF - home of the first ever Nimble Tots stories exactly two years ago, it's gonna be good to be back!

Tuesday: 11am, Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe, 34 East Dulwich Road

Wednesday: 10am and 11am (0-2s), 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead

Friday: 11.15am, Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road

This week is looking busy! There are only a couple of spaces left for the 11am Wednesday session, so book 'em fast and I don't think we'll have any drop in room, or else why not go for the 10am session (plenty of room for this one!). Today we're at the wonderful Punk Me Up Cafe in East Dulwich - looks like we should have a few drop in spaces for this one, or to be sure of your spot you can book online. xxx

This week's Nimble tale, from the 4th October, is one of mermaids, storms, seagulls and magical journeys, with a bit of a sea shanty thrown in for good measure. It's a last whisper of sunshine and sea, before we start with Autumnal tales of hibernation and crunching leaves next week!

As ever, we'll have lots of cello tunes, ukulele songs, shakers, scarves and bubbles at our sessions for 0-5s and their parents and carers. Some classes tend to get busy, so advance booking is advised (for Wednesday 11am in particular), but if we've got room for drop ins, I'll do my best to squeeze you in! ?6 PAYG, ?5 if you buy a block of 6 (valid across any classes) or a wee bit cheaper if you book in for a full half term.

Sessions this week are:

Monday: 11am, The Dish and the Spoon Cafe, 61 Cheltenham Road, SE15 3AF

Tuesday: 11am, Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe, 34 East Dulwich Road, SE22 9AX

Wednesday: 10am (mixed ages) and 11am (0-2s - this class is very busy so please make sure you book in if coming along!), The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE

Friday: 11.15am, Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road SE14 5TY

Look forward to seeing you and your lovely little people! I'm planning the next half term of stories and songs at the moments, so any requests or ideas, do let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow (Friday!) is the last outing for the tale of Hilda the hibernation dodging hedgehog, 11.15am at the Telegraph Hill Centre! After a very busy week of full classes, there are spaces available tomorrow!

Next week we're adding an extra Tuesday morning class at 10.15 at Punk Me Up Ceramics after a few weeks of super busy classes.

x

This week with Nimble Tales for 0-5s and their parents and carers, we're getting into the halloween spirit with a story of a young trainee witch who's afraid of spiders, plus the usual cello tunes and songs! We've got an extra Tuesday class added - last week got pretty busy at quite a few sessions, so advance booking recommended, particularly for Tuesday and Wednesday!

It's ?6 PAYG, or a wee bit cheaper if you book a 6-week class pass - book in at http://nimblearts.co.uk/?page_id=421

Classes this week:

Monday: 11am, The Dish and the Spoon (61 Cheltenham Road, Nunhead)

Tuesday: 10.15 (mixed age), 11.15 (0-2s), Punk Me Up Ceramics (34 East Dulwich Road)

Wednesday: 10am (mixed age), 11am (0-2s), The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road

Friday: 11am (mixed), Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road