Muddy Boots Kids Nature Group, Mon&Fri, Forest Hill

kelda

MUDDY BOOTS is a children's nature group run by Holly at Devonshire Road Nature Reserve in Forest Hill every Monday and Friday 10-11.30. Sessions are drop in ?6/ child and with a ?4 sibling discount

Its very hands-on, friendly, relaxed, completely outdoors and aims to let children learn about nature, get grubby, get lots of fresh air and explore this lovely wild green space at their own pace. Each week we have a nature related activity nature and there's digging, watering, a walk in the woods and listening for wildlife. In winter we have fires, do outdoor activities to stay warm and have hot chocolate at Basecamp after the walk in the woods.

We finish off the session back at our log circle basecamp with a story, snack, songs and poems. Children any age love the peace of the reserve and are very welcome. To engage best with the day's activity, I recommend 14m and over. Younger siblings are very welcome to come along for free.

We meet at the big green iron gates at the top of the hill on Devonshire Road, opposite Tyson road

THIS WEEK'S SESSION INFO

Yeee haaa, the corn doll gang are back!

Do you still have yours from last year?! Well, Its that time of year again, when we will be making a CORNDOLLS out of sweetcorn husks! Its a lot of fun and not too tricky. If you can bring a sweetcorn in its husk, great, but don't worry if not as I will have a stash of husks.

We'll make them in the Reserve building if its rainy. But bring your wellies and waterproofs as we'll definitely be taking our dolls for a walk in the woods afterwards. This is a one of my favourite sessions, I guarantee giggles, don't miss it!

Bring your cowboy boots and see you there for some good ole American corn-dolly fun!

Plenty of parking on the road, hope to see you there! If you have any questions about the session message me here or call / text on 07919 077198

Holly