Nimble Tots - cello, stories, songs and more for 0-5s, every day this week!

lovelyrita

Just a week to go before it's time for me to shake off the excesses of Christmas and get going with the new Nimble Tots term, starting on Tuesday 5th January with regular sessions in Nunhead, East Dulwich, SE23 and Telegraph Hill! This January I've added more classes, new venues plus regular Thursday Nimble Adventures from Holly as well as my usual Nimble Tales songs, stories and cello tunes!

If you've not been before, Nimble Tales are friendly, story-based sessions for 0-5s featuring live cello and ukulele music for little people and their parents and carers. There are some sessions specifically for 0-18 month year olds, plus younger babies are also very welcome to the mixed age sessions too. You can come for a term, or drop in and PAYG. Most sessions are run by me, Becky, a professional storyteller and early years music practitioner, accompanied by my cello and a host of puppets, props and musical instruments, with each week a new story, ranging from feisty princesses, animal adventures and some traditional tales. Thursdays, as I'm with my own toddler (so will be there in participant mode instead!), are run by Holly, an experienced teacher, drama practitioner and creative genius. With the wonderful Laura and Amie making special guest appearances, we hope to be adding some more regular classes too in the next few months.

It's either ?6 per family (no extra for siblings) if you PAYG, or you can buy a 6-class flexicard for ?30 (and use this across any 6 sessions - no expirty date) or, if you're coming to the same session each week, you can book for a half term for ?4.50 per class. I do often get full, particularly for the East Dulwich classes and the the 11.15/30am sessions, so would always recommend booking in advance, although drop ins are always warmly welcomed if I can squeeze you in!

From Tuesday January 5th:

Mondays: 10.15am (mixed ages), 10.15am (0-18 months), The Green, Nunhead Community Centre, SE15 3TU (STARTS MONDAY 11TH JANUARY)

Tuesdays: 9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages), 11.30am (0-18 months) at Punk Me Up Ceramics, 34 East Dulwich Road

Wednesdays: 9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead

2.30pm (mixed ages) 3.30pm (0-18 months): The Honor Oak, 1 Saint Germain Road, SE23 1RH

Thursdays: Holly's Nimble Adventures!

9.45am (2-5 year olds), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead

Fridays: 10.15am (mixed ages) 11.15am (0-18 months), Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Road

You can book in advance at http://www.nimbletots.co.uk/weekly-classes-for-0-5s/ - it's a slightly fledgling new website, so more info on this coming soon, but any questions you can message me here or email [email protected]! There will also be more Indie Tots discos happening in Peckham every month from the 14th February onwards, so announcements about these coming very soon!

Don't forget that whilst there's no classes running today (Monday) we're back every other day this week with lots of Nimble Tots creative antics for 0-5s and their parents and carers.

Spaces are fairly limited for 11.30am Tuesday, and other classes are getting a wee bit busy, so to be sure of a space, do book in advance - there's likely to be drop in spaces for earlier sessions, but I'm often full for the 11/11.30am classes.

Can't wait to get back into term and to see you all and hear your voices again!

This week we're back with Nimble Tots classes every day! Nimble tales has the story of Super Dog (plus usual cello tunes, songs and shakers), and the wonderful Holly is back this week on Thursday for her storybook based adventures at the Ivy House!

After a super busy week last week, I'd advise booking in to be sure of your spot, as class sizes will be capped so that we're not too busy - the 9.45am classes and the 2.30pm seem to be the quieter sessions with more chance of drop in room, but those around 10.35/11.30 can get quite busy (particularly on a drizzly day!)

Booking can be done at http://www.nimbletots.co.uk/weekly-classes-for-0-5s/

Classes this week:

Mondays

10.15am (mixed ages), 11.15am (0-18 months) Nunhead Green Community Centre (56 Nunhead Lane, SE15 3TU - next to the Old Nuns Head pub and Nunhead Green playground) **Please note we have moved from the Dish and the Spoon**

Tuesdays

9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-18 months) at Punk Me Up Ceramics (34 East Dulwich Road)

Wednesdays

9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at The Ivy House (40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE)

2.30pm (mixed ages) 3.30pm (0-18 months) at The Honor Oak (1 Saint Germain Road, SE23 1RH)

Thursdays: Nimble Adventures with Holly!

9.45am (2-5s), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at The Ivy House (40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE)

**Please note, online booking closes at 9pm on the night before this class - after this all spaces are drop in on a first-come-first-serve basis. We were very busy last week at 10.35am, so do book in to be sure of a space!**

Fridays:

10.15am (mixed ages) 11.15am (0-18 months) at Telegraph Hill Centre (Kitto Road, SE14 5TF)

x

Nimble Tales and Adventures are back again this week, with classes running every day, so come in from the cold and join us for stories, songs and adventure!

As I am still recovering from a ridiculous cold (I'm never accusing my husband of man flu again - I am top of the class with cold related whinges!), there will be a few different faces popping up running classes this week, as I'm trying to make sure I get my voice fully back ASAP. This does mean there will be lots of different stories, so you're welcome to join us more than once!

Full list of sessions and times below (including who's running what!), as ever, it's ?6 per family to PAYG, cheaper if you buy a 6 class pass (valid across any 6 sessions), and advance booking is recommended as we do get very busy at some sessions. I'll always pop something up on Facebook if we're full for a particular class, but as a general rule the 10.30/11 sessions are pretty busy, as is 3.30pm on a Wednesday, and the 9.45am classes tend to be a bit calmer.

Monday - Amie covering this class this week!

10.15am (mixed ages), 11.15am (0-18 months) Nunhead Green Community Centre (56 Nunhead Lane- next to the Old Nuns Head pub and Nunhead Green playground) **Please note we have moved from the Dish and the Spoon**

Tuesday - I'll be running this one!

9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-18 months) at Punk Me Up Ceramics (34 East Dulwich Road)

Wednesday - Holly running morning, me afternoon

9.45am (mixed ages), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at The Ivy House (40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE)

2.30pm (0-4 years) 3.30pm (0-18 months) at The Honor Oak (1 Saint Germain Road, SE23 1RH) **The 3.30pm session has been very busy - but 2.30pm much quieter, and babies are very welcome at this one too!**

Thursdays: Nimble Adventures with Holly, featuring Mister Magnolia!

9.45am (2-5s), 10.35am (mixed ages) and 11.30am (0-2s) at The Ivy House (40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE)

Fridays: I'll be running this one

10.15am (mixed ages) 11.15am (0-18 months) at Telegraph Hill Centre (Kitto Road, SE14 5TF)

Book your spot at www.nimbletots.co.uk!

If any of you lovely people are planning to join Nimble Tales at the Ivy House, tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, do make sure you book in online by 9pm tonight! The lovely Holly will be covering the class, and I'm sending her registers this evening - after this, any spaces available will be drop ins on a first-come-first-serve basis. There's normally drop in room for 9.45am, 10.35am can get quite hectic sometimes, and 11.30am is already fully booked. I'll put a note on here with how many drop in spaces are remaining in the morning.

This week Nimble Tales are all about transport - broomsticks, cars, space rockets and more, whatever it takes, we need a brief January holiday! There will be the usual cello tunes, puppets, songs and scarves.

Then Thursday this week, Holly's Nimble Adventures will be about the Storm Whale by Benji Davies.

I'm too late for Monday, but coming next:

Tuesday

11.30am is FULLY BOOKED - pre-booked only for this.

Wednesday -

2.30pm (0-4 years) 3.30pm (0-18 months) at The Honor Oak (1 Saint Germain Road, SE23 1RH) **The 3.30pm session has been very busy - but 2.30pm much quieter, and babies are very welcome at this one too!**

Thursdays: Nimble Adventures with Holly, featuring The Storm Whale

Fridays:

Book your spot at www.nimbletots.co.uk!