Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
www.crittersolutions.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
messageRe: Want to meet as a group interested in playing board games? Every Thursday 19:45 in The Cherry Tree
Posted by Nella_84 15 September, 2016 12:01

Our friend Dani can't make it anymore (just updating you on head count). How many of us then?

Also, I'm up for Scythe too.

messageRe: Want to meet as a group interested in playing board games? Every Thursday 19:45 in The Cherry Tree
Posted by Bradlington 15 September, 2016 12:21

If MeetUp is to believed... FOURTEEN!!!

Posted by Nella_84 15 September, 2016 12:22

Oh dear, we're colonizing the Cherry Tree!

Posted by jonnyrobins 15 September, 2016 12:27

There seems to be quite a few from Meet Up, however there are always quite a few from Meet Up...
If we play Scythe 'shotgun' i'm Death from Bill and Ted. Leaves Poldark up for grabs.

Posted by Bradlington 15 September, 2016 14:51

Ha haaa, brilliant. You've literally taken the best ones though... I'm pretty sure the bad guy from Wander Over Yonder has one, so that'll be me.

Posted by Bradlington 18 September, 2016 10:03

Hey everybody,

I'll be bringing Roll for the Galaxy along again. I'll then switch focus to a different game for a few weeks. Then another, etc.

I have a much friendlier introduction to the game:

[youtu.be]

Rahdo is great for getting a feel for games and most of the rules. He often gets the minor rules details wrong! (He corrects them in the description). But definitely good enough to sit and play.

Cheers
Brad

Posted by Bradlington 21 September, 2016 15:46

Who's around this week?

To state the obvious:
You don't HAVE to play th 'in focus' game. There will be loads of choice! Easy to pick up and play stuff too. The 'focus' game might not even make the table, depending on what people want to play. I just thought it would be a good idea to see the same game appear amongst it all for a few weeks at a time. Give everybody a chance to play it and re-play it if they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:09:22:12:24:17 by Bradlington.

Posted by Martyb 22 September, 2016 12:07

I'll be around tonight, might be a tad late though. I've scored a copy of Captain Sonar which I'll bring along if I'm early enough for the lighter game side of the evening.

Posted by Bradlington 22 September, 2016 12:25

Well played! I missed out on a copy of that - while trying to buy it!!

Posted by Martyb 22 September, 2016 12:30

Orcs Nest have half a dozen copies - if you give them a call they'd likely hold one over for you. I had a play around with it earlier and I'm pretty excited about it i must admit!

Posted by Bradlington 22 September, 2016 13:26

Looking like five of us this eve... Maybe not enough for Captain Sonar. Might be perfect for Scythe though, if you're up for the gargantuan task of teaching it..?!! It is a bit of a monster.

Posted by jonnyrobins 22 September, 2016 13:32

Won't be able to make it tonight. Final shoot for me in Brighton and then 'funemployed'...

Posted by Martyb 22 September, 2016 14:35

Ah shucks. Apparently it plays well with 6 so I'll bring it along in the off chance someone else turns up.

I'll bring Scythe. Like most worker placement games, it's just a matter of working through a few rounds having no idea what you are doing and gradually grokking it. I've only soloed it so far, but should be able to explain it all the same. See you about 8.30.

Posted by Bradlington 22 September, 2016 14:48

Do. Sometimes people do just show up without saying anything. Love to try it!

Posted by Bradlington 27 September, 2016 15:49

Who's around this week?

Cheers
Brad

Posted by Berliozz 28 September, 2016 00:12

I will do my best to come

Posted by Martyb 28 September, 2016 07:33

I'm in.

I'll bring Scythe again which we can hopefully get to the table. I heartily recommend a watch of this for anyone who hasn't played before.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by jonnyrobins 28 September, 2016 22:50

I should be there!

Posted by Bradlington 29 September, 2016 07:28

splendid. We should be seven.

On another note: Is it wrong to call dibs on Inis for when it comes out...?! 😀

Posted by Martyb 29 September, 2016 15:18

Argh - we just had the nanny cancel on us this evening. Unfortunately I'm out. Next week for shiz.

Posted by Bradlington 29 September, 2016 15:30

Shame! Next week it is!!

Posted by Bradlington 02 October, 2016 11:50

Hey All,

My In Focus game for the next few weeks will be Quantum. Teachable on th night. No need to watch any videos.

As always, it may or may not make the table - there will be plenty of choice.

Cheers
Brad

Posted by duncan_barrett 03 October, 2016 09:55

Hi Brad,

This sounds like fun. Can I just turn up on the night? (Do you have room for new people?)

Best wishes,
Duncan

Posted by Bradlington 03 October, 2016 12:12

Hey Duncan,

It is good fun! Do come along. All we ask is that you please sign in on here on the weeks you're coming - a head count hugely affects which games people bring.

Cheers
Brad

Posted by duncan_barrett 04 October, 2016 10:18

Hi Brad,

Ok, I'll be there on Thursday. Looking forward to it! (Although my board-game experience doesn't go much beyond the Xmas staples.)

Duncan

Posted by Bradlington 04 October, 2016 12:01

Splendid. See you Thurs. Don't worry, there will be plenty of gateway/quick-to-grasp games to play. Once we've got you hooked we'll then peddle you the harder stuff!

Posted by Bradlington 06 October, 2016 08:19

Who's around this week?

"Five" from MeetUp so far.

Posted by Martyb 06 October, 2016 10:54

I'll be there. I really want someone to end my current winning streak as I can't handle the pressure at these heady heights...

Posted by Berliozz 06 October, 2016 13:38

I will do my best to join tonight.

Posted by Bradlington 06 October, 2016 14:34

*puts something in pocket to spike Martin's drink

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed