Forum Sponsors

www.lorenzophotography.co.uk
xxxx
www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
messageRe: Want to meet as a group interested in playing board games? Every Thursday 19:45 in The Cherry Tree
Posted by Bradlington January 12, 01:27PM

I drove to work on my snow plough, just to make sure.

messageRe: Want to meet as a group interested in playing board games? Every Thursday 19:45 in The Cherry Tree
Posted by duncan_barrett January 12, 01:47PM

I'll be there. See you later,
Duncan

Posted by Bradlington January 25, 09:41AM

Hey all,

We are a year old to the day on Thurs!! As a celebration, everybody needs to be buy me lots of drinks 😜

I'll be bringing Inis for the next few weeks. It's a bit of a weird one... I think you'll get a lot more out of it if you watch the rules explanation at the beginning of the following video:

[youtu.be]

As always, there will be lots of choice. And I'll be bringing it again if it doesn't hit the table or you don't get to play it this week.

Cheers
Brad

Posted by Nella_84 January 25, 11:12AM

Happy birthday to us!

Posted by Berliozz January 25, 11:14AM

you mean you want a drink too?
Blanket ban on drinking!

Posted by Bradlington January 25, 11:41AM

Drinking ban on blankets!

Posted by Berliozz January 25, 11:49AM

What I meant Brad.
Drink close enough to the fireplace so when a spillage occurs fluid evaporates before reaching the precious.

Posted by Martyb January 25, 12:48PM

I think the trickiest part about Inis will remembering how the hell to win. Once you get your head around that, everything else is guided by the cards. Cannee wait to play it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 25, 12:50pm by Martyb.

Posted by Bradlington January 25, 01:00PM

It seems the order and details of initiating battles and then battles themselves kept tripping up the Gamenight people, even an hour or two in... That's where we're likely to make mistakes or refer to the manual, I think.

Three victory conditions is a bit strange. But it's all in "6's", so not too complicated.

Looking forward to it!! Thank you for learning it, Martin!!!!

Posted by Martyb January 25, 01:45PM

Oh I already knew how to play it - the Irish are born with an innate understanding of the rules of Inis.

I've printed out a couple of cheat sheets for win conditions and clash resolution to bring along so should be grand.

Posted by Bradlington January 25, 02:38PM

Ha! That and driveways...?!

Cheat sheets is a genius idea. They did trip up a couple of times in the vid I've posted, so that'll stop that - and stop the "oh, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have done it"!

Posted by Martyb January 25, 03:18PM

That's Michel's favourite line.

Posted by Bradlington January 25, 04:35PM

Actually, I might upgrade that to it's a bit of a MUST WATCH. There's quite a bit going on. The rules explanation is 20-25 mins!! That's time we could be playing 😀

Also one CORRECTION to the vid: one of the victory conditions is being Chieftain over six other people - it does NOT have to be six people all in the same area, like they keep saying (correct the correction, if I'm wrong Martin!! It's mentioned a lot in the YouTube comments is all!)

[youtu.be]

Posted by micpru January 26, 11:12AM

Martyb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's Michel's favourite line.

That was savage :o

Posted by Martyb January 26, 11:18AM

It actually only happened once to be fair to you smiling smiley

Posted by Bradlington January 28, 07:58PM

Hey all,

I'll be bringing Inis again this week, and likely again next week.

Having now played it, it's teachable, but I think you'd get a lot more out of the game if you watch the rules explanation at the beginning of this vid (first 20-25 mins).

[youtu.be]

If it hits the table... If you want to play it.... Plenty of choice....... YADAYADYADAYADA!! 😘

Cheers
Brad

Posted by Bradlington February 09, 06:07PM

Who's up for some games this week? Looking like around 10 people from Mettuo.

Posted by Bradlington February 09, 06:07PM

Who's up for some games this week? Looking like around 10 people from Mettuo.

Posted by Bradlington February 16, 11:55AM

Who's around this week?

About 9 from Meetup.

Posted by Rflan February 16, 11:58AM

yup yup

Posted by Martyb March 09, 01:50PM

Anybody heading to The Cherry Tree tonight?

Posted by Bradlington March 09, 02:37PM

Ja! Four others from Meetup so far. So six as it stands.

Posted by Berliozz March 09, 02:38PM

I will be there. I think Bridlington himself might make an appearance.

Posted by Bradlington March 09, 03:08PM

They're just rumours. Please no paparazzi.

Posted by Nella_84 March 09, 03:20PM

Won't make it this week. Six. See you soon!!

Posted by Nella_84 March 23, 11:14AM

Who's around tonight? I'm back!

Posted by Martyb March 23, 11:31AM

Whoop! I'm in. Been up since 4am so I'll be easy to beat.

Posted by Berliozz March 23, 11:43AM

I will see you tonight

Posted by Bradlington April 20, 01:18PM

Who's around tonight?

Looks like 7 of us from meetup.

Posted by Rflan April 20, 01:27PM

fingers crossed

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed