Thameslink Train meeting 17th March- near Peckham Rye Station

Hi all,

I have decided to organise a public meeting about the Govia Thameslink Train services for next Thursday 17th March 2016. This will be held at the Rye Baptist Church Hall at 59a Rye Lane Peckham London SE15 5EX at 7pm (the hall is booked from 6.30pm). This venue is 2 minutes walk from Peckham Rye Station and is next door to Clarks.

Govia Thameslink have confirmed attendance

TFL and Network Rail are invited.

Other items on the agenda include proposed closure of Ticket Offices at Denmark Hill and Peckham Rye. Ticket Machines. Potential new station to serve Camberwell. Interchanges. Poor disability access at Peckham Rye, Nunhead and Elephant and Castle. Access to Nunhead Station from Evelina Road. Station skipping (have you ended up miles from your destination due to this?).

I spoke last month at the well attended meeting organised by the Crofton Park Users Group at the Rivoli Ballroom. We need a joined up approach across the two Boroughs. Users of the service from Bellingham/Catford/Crofton Park are very welcome too as you suffer the same problems as users of this service from the Southwark Stations.

Govia Thameslink need to hear from customers about their experiences of this services. Please spread the word via word of mouth, twitter etc. Please come along.

Renata

Hi Renata, thanks for arranging. Unfortunately I can't make the meeting, but I would be grateful if you could raise the issue of the large gaps in the service between Peckham Rye and central London in the morning.

If you don't make the 8:42, the next train isn't until 9:04 - and that one often seems to run late. The timetable has changed since I moved to the area in 2008 and I am sure there used to be one in between those times.

The general unreliability of the service is also an issue, as is the infrequency of trains in the evening - only two an hour from fairly early on in the evening.

Hi All,

Our campaign that Renata mentions recently met with Directors from Thameslink and Network Rail and they have given us some useful updates on the Thameslink service.

You can read more about our meeting with them on our website http://www.acinderellaline.com/#!When-A-Cinderella-Line-met-Thameslink-Network-Rail-Directors/j5da8/56e6b19a0cf286cff61b69c2 and do get in touch if you have any questions