self defence ? urban krav maga - Wednesday 7:30 - Bellenden Road

FitnFearless

"...I have tried a few other martial arts classes and I found this one the most practical and applicable for real life..." Rachel (see full review here)

1- Learn to defend yourself (Urban Krav Maga system)

2- Improve your physical condition: cardio + full body workout

3- Enhance your confidence and self-esteem

4- Learn to channel adrenaline, deal with aggressive behaviour or under stress

5- Let off steam

"I have completed various forms of Martial arts for over 5 years now and Patrice is without question the most organised and professional person I have ever trained with.". Paul (see full review here)

Wednesdays 7:30-9:00 pm

The Scout Hut, 212 Bellenden Road, SE15 4BY

For further information visit our website or contact Patrice

Mobile: 077 1746 6916

Email: [email protected]

#AMoveForThat #FearlessWednesday

@maryf:

Yes and they are applicable in more than one aspect.

The system I teach, Urban Krav Maga (urbankravmaga.org), draws on many years of experience in various fighting systems and martials arts such as classic Krav Maga, Karate, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Traditional Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, Boxing, Muay Thai, Vale Tudo and MMA. This experience along with real life experiences have been combined in a way that only functional techniques -i.e. techniques that have proven to be applicable in real life situations, taking into account the effects of stress and adrenaline- are part of the syllabus. In other terms, only functional and applicable techniques are selected and taught.

The organisation is open-minded and the system is constantly refined as instructors get feedbacks from unfortunate students who got into situations, from police and security professionals (we work closely with both), from CCTV and phone footages, from research studies, etc. We're not dogmatic about the techniques, we just focus on what's effective. Obviously what would work for a 6ft4 17 stones guy might not work for a 5ft6 9 stones person, so we're always questioning the techniques we teach and we're constantly trying to find better, more effective, ways.

Additionally, techniques are considered as tools that can be used in a variety of ways for a variety of situations. As I've already mentioned, Urban Krav Maga instructors are not stuck to any martial art dogma, so training focuses on acquiring and developing (fighting) skills and being able to improvise in order to adapt to any situation. These skills can be transfered to other sports and activities.

Lastly, being able to handle physical violence and learning to deal with aggressive behaviour leads to an increased self-confidence and self-esteem which, of course, will impact many aspects of your life.

I hope this answers your question. Why about you come some Wednesday and give it a (free) try?