Chernobyl Childrens Project-volunteers wanted

Clofty

Hi All

I am in the process of setting up the South East London chapter of the Chernobyl Childrens Project focusing on East Dulwich and Forest Hill. We will amongst other things, organise recuperative holidays for children in remission from cancer or leukaemia. The idea is that a few weeks in the fresh air and eating clean food (not contaminated by radio-nuciles which damage their immune systems) forms an essential part of their recovery process.

Our aim is to host 5 children aged 4-7 together with their mothers next Summer 2017. They tend to arrive late July and usually 4 weeks are offered (2 weeks with one family and 2 weeks with another family). In fact most mothers find they cannot stay away from the rest of the family for that long so it is more likely to be 2-3 week visit.

I am looking for host family volunteers (10 families) but also volunteers to help arrange events while the children are here and to help with fundraising. We need to raise a whopping ?7k in order to fund the visit.

If you are happy to be involved (or think your school, work or church may be interested) please do let me know. We plan to have a public meeting in the New Year and will invite the Executive Director of the Chernobyl Children's Project UK as well as the National Groups Co-ordinator/National Treasurer in order to answer any questions you may have.

In the meantime you may wish to visit their website www.chernobyl-children.org.uk