Women's Art Festival 3rd-5th August 2017

Super Yonic is an Art Festival that celebrates femininity and strength. The festival brings together the brightest contemporary creative talent for three glorious days from 3rd - 5th August in the heart of Peckham, at Copeland Park & Bussey Building?s Copeland Gallery, 133 Rye Lane, Peckham, SE15 3SN.

Super Yonic will take over the space, hosting over 20 multidisciplinary artists for a weekend of visual art, films, live performance and artist-led workshops. The festival celebrates feminism and reinforces the importance of representing more women in the arts.

Super Yonic is a not-for-profit festival, mostly supported by crowdfunding on Generosity.com. A percentage of any proceeds will go to Bloody Good Period; a charity that provides female sanitary products for asylum seekers, refugees, food banks and centres around the UK for those who can't afford them.

PROGRAMME

Thursday 3rd August

Super Yonic opens to the public at 7pm with an evening of live music and visual art.

The evening will also feature COMPILER (http://compiler.zone/), a newly established digital art platform/gallery created earlier this year by Goldsmiths MA Digital Culture graduates.

Friday 4th August

12-6 PM ? Exhibition open

7-10 PM ? Spoken word and films

The film and spoken word night evening will be headlined by FREE SAFE LEGAL (https://www.freesafelegal.com/), a documentary currently being produced by Hattie Ladd on the subject of abortion rights in Northern Ireland. This will be an early film preview with a Q&A session with the filmmaker and activists of the cause well before its official release date.

Saturday 5th August

12-6 PM ? Exhibition open and artist-led workshops aimed at women of all ages and backgrounds.

LISA STRAUTMANN: Warrior Women - a Confidence Workshop

GEORGIE MCAUSLAND: What do you wanna be when you grow up Workshop (For all children 6+)

LIV WYNTER: Collage Manifesto Workshop exploring political ideas and art

JO HAUGE: Performance Daring Persona Workshop

More info is available at www.superyonic.com or our facebook www.facebook/SuperYonic

Natalie