commuter bike ride to central London Sept 27th

Sally Eva

We're planning to expand into Bike Taxis and this week offers the opportunity for a first try. Bike Taxis are a customised ride to your personal destination. At the moment they are sharing starting points with the Bike Train but later they will be door-to-door. Unlike other taxis they will be free. One of our regular riders could also use Quietway 1 and so the current plan is to show her the way -- anyone else who wants to come too will be welcome.

The Bike Train starts at 7.45am from Nunhead station, 7.55am from Peckham Rye Station and 7.55am from Denmark Hill Station. The Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill lines join in Burgess Park which is why it?s OK that they start at the same time.

The starting point in Peckham is the bike stands behind McDonalds and at Denmark Hill from outside the cafe in Windsor Walk. Camberwell Grove and Windsor Walk have both been closed since we started so this route keeps getting better.

Our route takes us through two parks, up a traffic-calmed back street, onto the on-pavement cycling lanes on the New Kent Road, around the Elephant and Castle by-pass and onto the still lovely but no longer so new segregation up St George?s Way and Blackfriars Road. All legal and all as safe as your mother would make it.

We get to Blackfriars at 8.30am and anyone who wants can be buddied wherever they want. Return rides arranged on request. For further details or to book your place text 07842 640 207 (me). Or just turn up

The map is here:

And the cycle.travel map is here: http://cycle.travel/map/journey/41005. The info with the map says we do 500m on major roads so it may not know about the on-pavement cycle lanes on the New Kent Road ? and 130m pushing. No pushing. I?m fine to push when required but it?s not required.

Southwark Cyclists is the borough branch of the London Cycling Campaign which campaigns for more, better cycling in London. Most of us are members but you don?t have to be. Most of us live in Southwark but some of us don?t and you don?t have to. And everything we do is free

https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/events/bike-train-to-blackfriars-5/ -- this link should work but the actually events calendar has been broken by an update. The organisers of the update seem inexplicably proud of themselves but fine minds are working on un-updating it and they will prevail.