Jim Causley + Lewis Barfoot + Will Allen: The Goose Is Out! The Ivy House, Friday 27 Oct. CANCELLED

FJDGoose

Jim Causley + Lewis Barfoot + Will Allen: The Goose Is Out! The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, Nunhead, London SE15 3BE. Friday 27 October. 7pm. Tickets https://www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout

We are highly delighted that Jim Causley is returning to the Goose!

Jim had a very hectic 2016, which included not just releasing two albums of his own, but also appearing as a guest artist on FOUR other albums, including those of Hannah Sanders & Ben Savage, and Chris Foster,

Jim Causley is a folk singer and musician from Devon who specializes in the traditional songs and music of the West Country. Hailing from the village of Whimple in East Devon, Jim was born in Exeter and is related to the Cornish poet Charles Causley.

Jim grew up surrounded by traditional music from his family. His village was in the heart of cider country, with its thriving wassailing tradition, and also close to Sidmouth and Dartmoor folk festivals. Jim was a longstanding member of the Pennymoor Singaround.

After studying Performing Arts and Jazz & Popular Music at Exeter College, Jim went on to study Folk and Traditional Music at Newcastle University, and it was there that he began gaining a reputation as a talented singer on the wider UK folk scene.

http://www.jimcausley.co.uk/

Lewis Barfoot first appeared at the Goose as part of Gaelic ensemble Run,(Roon) She sang with them for 3 years before going solo. Since going it alone her music has received much praise.For example, " Delicious music: A massage of the heart, a whisper to the soul " Irish Radio International. First came the EP " Catch Me ", described by Invisible Filter as " Utterly brilliant" now we have debut album Folkalism is released on Sept 15

Will Allen is a highly skilled melodeon player and fiddler who performs an extensive repertoire of folk dance tunes, mostly from the British Isles. His music takes influences from all corners of Western Europe and he has developed a unique take on Traditional tunes.

In 2015 he was nominated for the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award

Will regularly plays with Ceilidh Tree and The Ship Band at commercial ceilidhs and barn dances.

"It's a long time since I heard somebody with such a great sense of rhythm and such sensitivity" - Mike Harding

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• We could not be happier. Brian and Malachi were wonderful to have around the house while they were working. The result is 5 star and with Brian's direction the route we took was better than what we had planned. We love the look of our house it has totally changed the feel of the property and transformed it into a house we are proud of. Thank you so much for your great work. Not one hitch and felt really taken care of from start to finish. I cannot recommend them enough.
    • I wanted to provide a strong recommendation for Nick Minnes and his team. I came across Nick when someone on our street was moving out shortly after we moved in and posted on our street whatsapp group with their top ten best trades people in which Nick was listed as a handyman+. We had just moved into a house that had been lived in for 40 years by a couple in their late 80s so there was a lot of work to do! Over the last 5 years, we have used Nick on multiple occasions. The definition of handymen+ does not do Nick and his team justice as they do so much more than this. The work they have done includes: A complete new bathroom refurbishment (including re-building a new wall) Completely refurbishing a sitting room (including inserting sound insultation and bespoke cabinetary) Bespoke under stairs storage (after a number of other trades people said it was too difficult) Preparing the house for plastering (removing old wallpaper, filling in cracks) Outside restoration of bricks and cornice Fixing floorboards down Nick is not your normal handymen. He is extremely creative and also great with thinking through colour schemes. I wouldn't hesitate to use Nick and his team again. Everything that they have done for me has been of the highest quality. They are trustworthy, tidy, reliable and honest. I already have a list of other jobs to get them back in for. I would very happily provide a reference for Nick - just like the people did who were leaving our road.  Nick can be contacted on: 07866 267 581. Thanks, Andy
    • A quick Google doesn't help me. Feels like bullshit 
    • A special case of "why so many bars/cafes have tried and failed to make a success at any location"
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In