Gender Agenda @ Feminist Library 6.30pm Tuesday for ED residents

Hi I'm one of the co-leaders for the Southwark Branch of the Women's Equality Party, I run a business in East Dulwich and lived here for 7 years, I now live on the edge! We are interested in engaging with more women in East Dulwich and surrounding areas who would like to get involved with the WEP on a local level and campaign on issues that affect women. We are also seeking those who want to get involved with the local council elections next year - in whatever capacity - door knocking/leafleting - or standing themselves as a councillor. To this end we have an event at the Feminist Library in Waterloo on Tuesday and it would be great to have more locals come along - more details follow:

WE want to encourage more women to feel able to stand for local elections next year and for government in the future.

Peckham Resident, WEP GLA Candidate (2016) and former Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate (2010), Barrister Jo Shaw shares her experiences of being a candidate for two different parties. Robert Jamieson from Southwark CAN (Community Action Network) gives us his insights into how to navigate the Local Government System in order to get your voice heard and on the flipside what?s expected of a Councillor once they are voted in.

We also have a current serving councillor coming along to share her experiences.

Join us for refreshments from 18.30, talks will start at 7pm. A donation will be requested to cover the costs of hiring the library.

If you are interested in volunteering generally within the branch or joining the WEP please contact me - you'd be most welcome!