Spaces available New Term Creative Writing for Beginners, starts 24 Jan, Mono cafe, SE5

Using in-class exercises and take-home assignments this course focuses on the nuts and bolts of constructing narrative fiction, such as point of view, characterisation, structure, dialogue and theme. you will look at ways to build writing into your lifestyle and the processes of editing and rewriting. You will also have fun with words and create a deconstruction collage piece. There is opportunity to workshop, enabling you to feel comfortable sharing your work and to learn critiquing tools, as well as benefitting from valuable feedback. You will work towards a final piece of 1,000 ? 2,000 words for a final night of readings.

Students who wish to continue with their creative writing in a supportive productive environment may wish to graduate onto Writers Workout.

Recent testimonials:

I?ve learnt so much from this course. I now have a much freer more playful approach to writing. Thoroughly recommend.

Joy Green, Dec 2017

I was given all the skills and encouragement needed to write in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.

Daniel Priddle, Dec 2017

This course helped break down my inhibitions and to enjoy writing as a fun, creative process.

Rory Mannion, Dec 2017

I was scared to begin with but it couldn?t have been a more supportive environment in which to learn. So glad I did the course.

Jo Stimpson, Dec 2017.

This course made me rediscover my love of language.

Steph King, Dec 2017.

I?ve enjoyed every week, and looked forward to every class. This course has made me so much more confident as a writer.

Tom Ghiden, Dec 2017.

This course has given me the confidence to share my writing.

Rachel White, Dec 2017.

Well structured and approachable. I wrote more than I ever thought I would.

Lauren Johns, Dec 2017.