Forum Sponsors

www.inshutters.co.uk
xxxx
www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageLooking for volunteering opportunities
Posted by theron January 24, 01:37PM

Hi all,

Looking for any recommendations for local (Ed and Peckham) volunteering opportunities.

I have looked into FoodCycle Peckham but it seems that all the volunteer slots get booked up quite quickly and I am quite keen to use some of my spare time helping others!

All advice appreciated, thanks

messageRe: Looking for volunteering opportunities
Posted by IlonaM January 24, 02:46PM

Southwark Day Centre for Asylum Seekers (SDCAS) has a number of volunteering opportunities:

[www.sdcas.org.uk]

Posted by beansprout January 24, 06:25PM

St Christophers Hospice and local schools I am sure would like help with assisting with reading - can't rememberthenamecof charity that does this, local care homes.

Posted by PSJ January 25, 01:14PM

Hi, some options here too:
[volunteerteam.london.gov.uk]

[do-it.org]

Posted by another annie January 25, 02:28PM

There's also Link Age Southwark - befriending and helping elderly/housebound people. There is a post about them on the West Dulwich Forum.

Posted by theron February 26, 10:12PM

Thanks for your suggestions!

Have tried a few of these but yet to hear back!!!

Posted by hammerman February 26, 10:43PM

Hope you hear back soon.

I offered some volunteering to the local Oxfam shop around Oct/Nov last year as they posted something on the Herne Hill Forum but they were not very positive and more or less re-buffed me in a phone call because of the days I was available.

Posted by tracymcdavis February 27, 05:10PM

Have you thought about Girl Guiding or Scouting? I volunteer with a local Brownies group and a local Girl Guides group and find it very rewarding. There are a number of groups around Dulwich which always could do with volunteers. PM me if you'd like to know more.

Posted by elloriac March 11, 11:03PM

You could try Good Gym? If you can get/have a DBS check, you can do tasks to help local people. (You don't have to run)
[www.goodgym.org]

Specifically [www.goodgym.org] or [www.goodgym.org]

I haven't done these, just the weekly group runs, but I think the others are more flexible to your timings...

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum