Performance Volunteers needed

HLH

I am a local artist creating a project that will be out and about on the streets of Peckham and Camberwell at various times over the next few weeks and I am looking for volunteers.

Here is some info about the project with dates and times:

Last Septemeber, I wrote PECKHAM and some of its anagrams in costumes for the PEckham Festival. My next letter project is the word HOME. It?s a word that has been wanting to be walked about for a long time. It is a word that means something different to every single person but is hugely pertinent globally, socially and politically, particularly in this current climate.

Over time I?d like to take HOME on many walks through London and even beyond but initially I have volunteered it to be part of Refugee Week with the local Southwark group.

This is an international week to help expand awareness of the many issues affecting refugees. There are various events throughout Southwark from 16th to 23rd June, please see the Refugee Week website for more info on those:

http://refugeeweek.org.uk/

HOME will be handing out leaflets and talking to people in order to promote the events happening in Peckham and Burgess Park; creating a visual impact! On Saturday 16th We will be recording passersby?s thoughts about what HOME means to them.

There are various dates and times and IT WOULD BE GREAT if any of you could/ would volunteer to be part of HOME for any of the days. Or if you know of anyone else who might be interested please put them in touch.

I am working towards the following dates and times:

Friday 8th June 4.45-7 pm around Peckham Rye station

Saturday 9th June 11.45 - 2 pm around Rye Lane and central Peckham

Thursday 14th June 4.30-7 pm around Peckham Rye station

Friday 15th June 4.45-7 pm at around Peckham Rye station

This may be whittled to one evening depending on volunteers.

Definitely need people for this day:

Saturday 16th June 10.45 - 1.30 pm around Peckham and All Saints Church where the discussions are taking place

Saturday 16th June 2.15 - 4.30 pm walking up from Camberwell to Walworth road handing out leaflets

I will organise a break between these two parts and thought we could ride the bus from Peckham to Camberwell, in costume!

Hopefully it will all be fun! Please get in touch if you want to be part of this and can do any of these dates.

Thank you

Harriet

[email protected]

http://www.harriethill.co.uk