social cycle ride 9.30am Sat Sept 29th

Sally Eva

This is one of the longer 3hrs plus rides and it starts from a new place -- even further away from East Dulwich but easily accessible by train from the East Dulwich Station. East Dulwich is the only station in the area with push-on access for bikes and there are loads of lifts at London Bridge. This is the site of the starting point, the Southwark Needle on corner of London Bridge and Duke St Hill (SE1 2SX).

I'm not sure why it's called the Needle (or indeed anyone else who calls it this). It is the large sundial-like shape on the Southwark side of the bridge. The point of all this is the take the ride further on the north side of the river. There are toilets in London Bridge Station and lots of nice new lifts in the Station to get bikes from platform to the road level.

These longer rides start earlier than usual at 9.30 and finish later at 1pm. The ride will travel at the usual nice easy pace along the Cycle Superhighways starting with CSH 3, CSH6, to Euston and Regents Park where there will be a coffee and comfort break. The route back will be via Regents Canal towpath, Camden Lock, Kings Cross, CS6, Blackfriars Bridge, NR4.

There's lots to see, obviously the great view from Primrose Hill, but also the amazing gasholders at Kings Cross, now stunning new apartments (what else). Brief history and more info here https://www.kingscross.co.uk/gasholders-10-11-12 in case you want to buy one.

The route map is here:

These rides are free and everyone is welcome. They are organised by Bruce Lynn and Friends on behalf of Southwark Cyclists and we are the borough branch of the London Cycling Campaign. Leaders are trained and insured by the LCC.

Our website is here https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk. Children are welcome but please, kids, bring an adult.