Trimdon Grange Explosion, Lords Of Thyme, Little Big Noise: The Goose Is Out! Ivy House, Fri 26 Oct

FJDGoose

Trimdon Grange Explosion, Lords Of Thyme, Little Big Noise: The Goose Is Out! Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE.

Friday 26 October, 7PM. Tickets here: https://www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout

Trimdon Grange Explosion is an improvising psych-folk ensemble from North-East London and core members of The Eighteenth Day of May, who split up around ten years ago ? Alison Cotton, Ben Phillipson, Karl Sabino and Mark Nicholas. Musically TGE is a psychedelic fusion of the modal rock of the Velvet Underground with traditional English Folk.

The Lords Of Thyme are traditionally English in the same way that Pentangle or Fotheringay were traditionally English, but also in the same way that Julian Cope undoubtedly is. A hazy, blissed out, ancient and modern country of the strangest imaginations.

Joe Woolley, Tali Trow, and Pat Kenneally first played together as part of Michael Tyack?s compellingly odd ensemble Circulus before forming The Lords Of Thyme with Michelle Griffiths of the progressive Morris dance side The Belles Of London City.

Little Big Noise is the solo-acoustic folk/punk project of native South East London singer/songwriter Nick Torry. His sound is finely honed over a decade of performances, mixing the passion and aggression of punk and the melody and lyricism of folk with intricate guitar work to create an energetic and engaging live show.

Trimdon Grange Explosion

Lords Of Thyme

Little Big Noise

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Is Sadiq worried about voter apathy/protest votes? Just got another flyer through the door, it seems to be one every couple of weeks, suggesting the Tories are closer than any opinion poll suggests and that people should not vote for the Lib Dems or Greens.
    • I'm basing it on 20+ years cycling in London and seeing the absolute biggest rule-breakers being my fellow cyclists. I once stopped at a zebra crossing to let a man cross and a cyclist behind me called me a putain for stopping.  I've even witnessed a grown man aggressively ringing his bell and swearing at a four year old child for not getting out of his way.... on a footpath.... in Burgess Park.  I genuinely cannot remember the last time a cyclist stopped for me at a pedestrian crossing.  They give the rest of us cyclists and bad name and turn the traffic against us.   
    • Sorry to hear and glad you and hopefully bike OK and doesn't put you off cycling. Please do inform the police even if that sounds a waste of time.  Do consider going to the Motor Insurance Bureau, the slush fund set up by insurers for untraced/uninsured motorists.
    • Week 32 fixtures...   Saturday 20th April Luton Town v Brentford Sheffield United v Burnley Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal   Sunday 21st April Everton v Nottingham Forest Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth Crystal Palace v West Ham United Fulham v Liverpool   Tuesday 23rd April Arsenal v Chelsea   Wednesday 24th April Wolverhampton Wanderers v AFC Bournemouth Crystal Palace v Newcastle United Everton v Liverpool Manchester United v Sheffield United   Thursday 25th April Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In