sociable cycle ride Sat December 8th

Sally Eva

This ride starts with a train journey but putting your bike on a train is easy at East Dulwich station. Not so easy at Peckham Rye. The ride leader is suggesting 10am at Deal Porter Square close to Canada Water station as the main meeting place and that has step-free access to the trains with excellent capacious lifts which take 3 bikes at a time.

Alternatively meet the group at 10.30am Haggerston station on the Overground. I've just checked and the Overground seems to be working next Saturday but probably best to check again before setting out. From East Dulwich change to the Overground at Peckham Rye to avoid steps, it's just across the platform.

The ride back from Haggerston is worth all this effort and travels back via Regents Canal towpath, Victoria Park, Mile End Park, Limehouse Basin, Wapping riverside, St Katherines Dock and Tower Bridge. Riders should be back at Canada Water by 12 noon. This is the usual easy-paced ride on mostly off road paths and the route is at https://goo.gl/zuUrvb

If you are interested in getting your bike fixed and at the same time learning a bit about bike maintenance, then Southwark Cyclists are starting a series of twice monthly Bike Maintenance and Tuition sessions today Tuesday Dec 4th. Location Lettsom TRA Hall, 114 Vestry Road SE5 8PQ in Camberwell on the Peckham side. There's more information at https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/bike-maintenance-workshops-with-tuition/ and, if you miss this one, next is December 18th.

These rides and the workshops are run by Southwark Cyclists volunteers and enthusiasts. No one is paid and you don't pay either. We are the borough branch of the London Cycling Campaign which works hard to keep cyclists cycling as safely as possible and everything we do is free. You don't need to live anywhere, pay anything or belong to any group to join in.