East Duwich Photo Comp - Exhibition opens tomorrow at Jeannie Avent Gallery

eastDAG

EAST DULWICH PHOTO COMPETITION - EXHIBITION 5-6 JAN JEANNIE AVENT GALLERY

Following an incredible response from East Dulwich amateur photographers and Instagrammers, and a very difficult selection process, we are delighted to launch the East Dulwich "Me & ED" photo exhibition at the Jeannie Avent Gallery from 5-6 January 2019.

The submission process closed with a massive 411 entries, featuring a wide range of your favourite ED subjects, sent in by residents, visitors, instagrammers and photographers from the local community.

Judging took place at the end of the year, and after much deliberation and discussion, our fantastic panel of judges, comprising of residents, photographers, MPs, local businesses and artists, whittled 411 entries down to 20 winning shots.

All 411 entries, including the 20 winning shots, feature in an exhibition in the Jeannie Avent Gallery opening tomorrow and Sunday from 11am-4pm and running to 9 January 2019. We'd love you to come and check it out!

Jeannie Avent Gallery, 14 North Cross Road

These shots will also feature in an outdoor exhibition of banners mounted throughout the village, appearing in January.

We'd like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated, our awesome winners, our fantastic judges and Jeannie Avent for giving us the space to show your photos!

We'll be releasing the winning shots over the next few days on Instagram at

https://www.instagram.com/loveeastd/

@loveeastd

#loveeastdulwich

#meandED

We'll also be releasing them at the same time on our website:

https://loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition

---------------------------

EAST DULWICH ACTION GROUP

The East Dulwich Action Group are a group of volunteers working with the community to celebrate the spirit of East Dulwich. We are comprised of local residents and businesses working together to deliver Southwark Council's High Street Challenge Initiative, and promote the area to residents and visitors alike.

Project Deliverables: East Dulwich Station Mural / East Dulwich Photo Exhibition / Village Wide Banner Exhibition / North Cross Road Community Stall / Ongoing Market Improvements

Our project partners are: Southwark Council / Network Rail / Dulwich Festival

Find out more at:

www.LoveEastDulwich.com

eastDAG, can't believe you have the gall to post on here after the slatting you got last time, but you have, so here goes......... So it has taken this bunch of self appointed judges made up of a local councillor, a gallery owner, two photographers, a web site editor, an e paper editor, someone from an art club, a VA of an RA and a local retailer six months to select and "judge" 20 winners (5%) from 411 photo's!!! Really what took them so long? (oh,and no excuses, just some honest answers)

Don't repeat the fiasco and if you even consider doing it again, I'd suggest a group of professionals who know what they are up to, who can select the best pictures, who most importantly have the time, resources, capability and balls to do the job properly.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow D. 11am sharp!

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> eastDAG, can't believe you have the gall to post

> on here after the slatting you got last time, but

> you have, so here goes......... So it has taken

> this bunch of self appointed judges made up of a

> local councillor, a gallery owner, two

> photographers, a web site editor, an e paper

> editor, someone from an art club, a VA of an RA

> and a local retailer six months to select and

> "judge" 20 winners (5%) from 411 photo's!!! Really

> what took them so long? (oh,and no excuses, just

> some honest answers)

>

> Don't repeat the fiasco and if you even consider

> doing it again, I'd suggest a group of

> professionals who know what they are up to, who

> can select the best pictures, who most importantly

> have the time, resources, capability and balls to

> do the job properly.

Super excited to reveal the winners of the @loveeastd #meanded photo competition

We'll be posting them all on here in the next few weeks but in the meantime, to see the winners and all the other amazing entries on display, head to the Jeannie Avent Gallery on North Cross Road this weekend from 11am - 4pm.

Congratulations to Paul Scannell, LemorDanny Abbott, Andrew Carter, Kate Hills, Bethie Hungerford, Amy Little, Fraser MacDonald, Talitha McQueen, Gemma Mills, Lynetta Moran, Hannah Morris, Stephanie Rogers, Paul Scannell, Limor Tevet, Romy Thomas, Mark Thompson, Roger Williams & Katriona Windsor, all

eastDAG, can't believe you have the gall to post on here after the slatting you got last time, but you have, so here goes......... So it has taken this bunch of self appointed judges made up of a local councillor, a gallery owner, two photographers, a web site editor, an e paper editor, someone from an art club, a VA of an RA and a local retailer six months to select and "judge" 20 winners (5%) from 411 photo's!!! Really what took them so long? (oh,and no excuses, just some honest answers)

Don't repeat the fiasco and if you even consider doing it again, I'd suggest a group of professionals who know what they are up to, who can select the best pictures, who most importantly have the time, resources, capability and balls to do the job properly.

Hi Lavender

That was my mistake unfortunately. When we discussed the exhibition initially, the end date was the 9th.

However another artist needed the space for a commercial exhibition, and as Jeannie was kindly giving us the space for free, we had to cut it short. I'm really sorry about this. We MIGHT be running it again in the future if we can find the space. 411 shots take up a LOT of wall space, and I still have nightmares about the bluetack!! : )

All the entries however are here:

www.loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition

Bryan @ EDAG