Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Project London Health

FREE Fitness in the Park Peckham Rye Park .

** If you are viewing this for the first time, return to the front page and press on the latest page 30-ish for the most recent updates - I have put this comment in on Thursday 18th March, 2016 **

Changes

Health Form: Before starting this group, please visit AHM-Go.com and review the Health Form. All you need to do is email [email protected] and say that you have read and ready to start - No need to fill it in and email back (one less thing for you to do).

Who is it aimed at?

Those who are returning back to exercise and just want to powerwalk, those that want to progress to a bit of jogging, and those who are aiming to do their first 5Km, 10Km or more.

There are no Sergent Majors shouting, so you move at your pace (but its not a stroll!)

When & Where?

Meet on Saturdays at 10am outside the Rye caf?, but you need to register first [email protected] (www.AHM-Go.com). It is completely free like many of our other groups across London, but you do need to bring some change for a Tea / coffee at the end.

** Only during Spring & Summer: Thursdays at 7-30pm on the Rye opp Barry Road - this is a shortened version of 45-mins using the lower part of the Rye

Make a START, register NOW with AHM-Go!

McCabe - Director, Responsibilities for FREE Community Fitness

Using your park to make a Fitter & Healthier Community

G'day Verona!

No need to reregister, thats fine. This has just been posted and now up to 4 so far, once we reach the magic 8 then the start date will be set.

On Sundays you also have a choice of activities..... Everyother Sunday there is a cycle group that has just started and meets for 9am at Goose Green. The general destinations are on the ED Forum, and its not a racing team.

Dulwich Park: AHM has a special licence with S'wark and provide an hours worth of CV & Toning, this is a ?5 pay as you go... no membership or block booking needed. This is run by Julia, and very infrequently me if she is running marathons, or 10Km's

All the best,

McCabe

Hi to Minitoots, Katie & .... DJ KQ.

All the groups across London are FREE, and have powerwalkers & joggers in. The groups are about working as a team no matter your ability, some bring their pushchairs (with the baby in of course), some bring their dog on a lead, some have diabetes / asthma, fibromyalgia .... and one guy had MS, it just works by following a specific routine. We have just completed a 5Km in Dulwich Park for Sickle Cell, it was free to join and great fun! If the numbers reach 15, then we will set a 5Km in Peckham Rye - it could be called the Chrismas 5Km for a health charity!

We have a health form on the website to fill in (copy it and past it into your email - thats the usual way). The groups are focused on what one would ordinarily do on thier own, so there is no need to feel left out - the minimum speed is powerwalking (ie not a stroll). Likewise, I encourage the faster ones to work together to develop.

Who attends? Everyone from every background, and also doctors, nurses, physio's too. In Twickenham, when counting for stretching, we count in French, Russian, Italian, Hindi, Afghan, Spanish, Aussie & kiwi, German and sometimes in English too.

Just bring some change for 2 coffee's at the end in the caf?, one for you and the other for...me.

Well, I think I have now reached 10 people, so if you guys send in a health form then the starting date should be set ASAP, and I think Saturday 2nd October works well.

Best,

McCabe

G'day Minitoots,

Just in form a round robin trip, managed to meet with the Barnes team, the Twicken Team and finally the Kingston team.

Yes, next Saturday it starts - look out for the tall chap in a purple top with a cardio trace on the back. And, if you go to the web site and go to the page 'Health Forms', thats me stretching in Auz before a 4Km open sea swim.

Any questions before then, feel free to ask!

McCabe

G'day Katie,

No worries, this group converted 3 powerwalkers to joggers on Saturday within 15-mins. Ian, Suzzie & Verona were taught the 10% jog, its the same speed as powerwalking, but you burn more calories. If you feel tired, you just drop back down to p/w for 100m and then pick it back up again.

Steve & Annie come along with their buggy, so it would be good for you to come along and bring some others from the NCT too. The next few sessions are about team building at an easy pace, so even when you start you will be welcomed into a group of like minded individuals..... doing it easy and progressing.

On warm / sunny days we finish off with Chi Gong (Tai Chi) for 5-mins, this is to bring your breathing back to normal, and to help eccentrically relax your muscles! I think the group like this on Saturday - actually, I know they did :-)

We have a social meet on Monday 18th October in the East Dul Tavern at 7-30pm, this is about mapping out the Christmas 5Km.

All the best,

McCabe

I came along last week and really enjoyed it and would like to recommend it. The group was friendly and relaxed, mixed abilities/ages but very inclusive, and FREE!!!. Some people had never power walked or jogged before and others were experienced runners but McCabe managed to keep a continuity between us and we still worked as a group. He :))(tu)is very enthusiastic and gave everyone a lot of attention and encouragement.

I ended up doing more than I'd expected and feeling inspired to do more exercise.

McCabe - my partner would like to join the group this week and has just emailed his health form. See you all on Saturday.