Men and women...Mixed Footie at Peckham Rye Park

Re-re

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! Moyes took off up North and from what we hear he is not doing well up there either!

We are looking for some fresh enthusiastic faces for Saturday mornings. Starting this Saturday 8th March Saturday football is back on.

Read on below for more info. Fun is always guaranteed!

(We are the group that have been posting under footie in the park.)

Mix of males and females play footie together on a Saturday mornings at Peckham Rye Park 11am (infront of the Peckham Rye Cafe) and on a Wednesday night 7pm at East Dulwich Hamlet.

We are always happy to have new faces show up so please feel free to join us for a fun kick about. (Saturdays are free and Wednesdays there is a cover charge:)

We are a really friendly group, competitive but not to the point of shouting at each other (unless it is encouragement). We are all of different levels and intend to keep it that way, so ball hogs and picky passers are probably best suited elsewhere. :)

If you haven't played in a while and want to get back into it, this would be a perfect way.

Does that mean you don't encourage Laddy Muck to improve re-re? *waves at LM*

Thanks for the many invites by the way (honestly). I failed a fitness last Saturday unfortunately. I got overexcited watching the rugby. I'll probably get overexcited this Saturday too!

Best Wishes

Old fa*t.

PS:

Old Fart,

If you are not going to be joining us team-wise, then, perhaps, you would consider officially becoming our sole cyber-fan? There is evidence to suggest that you might be a closeted admirer of our little group's antics anyway, so you may as well go one step further and formalise your..ahem..."admiration"...heh heh.

Afternoon,

We can be flexible here at JAGS and I am more than happy for you to let us know on a weekly basis. The area in which you would play is not used during the winter as the light on it comes from the main pitch but you are welcome to use it as and when.

There are a couple of conditions, as its a private sports clubs parking is strictly for members only, for those of you who have been here previously you will be aware the car park is fairly small and we ask any mess bottles etc are cleaned up at the end of these session (something I am sure will be done anyway)

When you would like to book, please give me a day or notice and email [email protected] and I can book that our for you.

Any questions please let me no.

Many thanks

Dean Allard

Sports Development Manager

JAGS Sports Club

binary_star Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yeh I thought the iPhone pics made it look like

> only a small section was well lit but the even the

> weaker light is strong enough to play in, wouldn't

> you say?

From what I saw at the time the pics were taken, there was ample light. We could do worse than give it a try. It's not as though we have a lot to lose. If we do decide to go for it, who is going to be organising this?

I would definitely be interested in playing (provided I am free and sufficiently recovered from previous matches). Although, in theory, I could potentially attend on Mons or Tues or Fris, I could not commit to the same night every week. So if others don't mind my turning up on a "when I can" basis, then I would say put me down as a "yes". I would obviously give some notice - this thread is a good a place as any (as is our Facebook page.)

Thanks re-re for discovering this new venue: at ?10 per session it's an absolute bargain. Thanks to JAGS too for being so accommodating and making it so easy for us.

Oooooh, I almost forgot. I finally bought the goalkeeping gloves today. Stock sizes ranged from 1 to 11, I bought one pair sized 7 (which fits me) and one pair sized 10 which (I was told) is in between medium and large. Hopefully this should do us. I just need someone to REMIND me to remember to bring them along!

*blushes*

Anyway, you and Re-re bought all those bibs. AND you supply the ball. AND you do all the accounts. AND Re-re purchased the cones. AND Binary does the spreadsheet. Which reminds me: how much do we have in the kitty now? My guess is that we are probably more solvent than the likes of Liverpool and United!

Re-re Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Go to bed now Marie! xxx

Yes Mum! Actually, you will be pleased to know that I didn't go out tonight...was just too shattered following work and college. So, I should be sober for the game tomorrow. Which reminds me: I shall probably have to leave early (and I certainly won't be able to join you at our usual Cafe :'() as I shall be at a dear friend's wedding at 15.00.

See you all tomorrow for a brief one. x

Bummed I'm missing today, have a great game. LM, I think we have ?20 now, but can't check the spreadsheet as I'm on my phone and it's a hassle. The spreadsheet just gets updated so the link I sent you will still be the same as it was last time...that way everyone who has the link can keep an eye on how much we're fiddling, I mean updating the account haha.