Men & Women FITNESS! Dulwich Park

Fitness Julia

Every Wanted to be Fitter?

Personal Training at your pace, whether returning back to exercise, shifting those extra pounds from the summer hols, through to training for a 5Km or 10Km.

With a choice of two Personal Trainers, the dynamic husband and wife team have each trained 100's of people, this includes working with people with MS, Diabetes, through to celebrity status.

Fitness Julia:

"I have completed 13 London Marathons, with years of Personal Training on a 1-to-1 basis, in small groups, and I also offer a ?5 pay as you go large group session on Sunday mornings at 10am in Dulwich Park."

Make a START NOW!

Getting Back to Fitness?

**Tip for starters - 1st 3 minutes warm-up**

1. March out on the spot or walk for a minute,

2. For the next 2 minutes, powerwalk or jog at a powerwalking pace; and finally

3. Gently stretch for 10 seconds: Quads, Hamstrings, Achilles - see www.AHM-Go.com for specific details

The common error when returning back to exercise is to stretch without warming up and then going straight into a run.

So, after your 3 minute warm-up, try this, it is so refreshing: start powerwalking for 1 minute and then at exactly the same speed take it up to a gentle jog. If you are with someone else, let them continue powerwalking while using them as your pacemaker.

Enjoy!

Fitness McCabe

• 3 weeks later...

Getting married or back to fitness?

We have two FREE fitness sessions every Saturday morning on the Rye:

9-15am:

Fancy 40-mins of a FREE powerwalk or even a gentle jog until 9-55am? Fitness McCabe has come to the end of his FREE 1/2 marathon sessions and now focusing on those that wish to do a power walk or a jog. The difference is with his gentle jogging is that its at a powerwalking pace - so everyone remains together as a team.

10am:

This is one of the longest running FREE fitness groups in London. Its designed for all abilities working to 300m sections and then stopping and toning / stretching and other things. If..... you are fast, this group will help you burn twice as many calories as you have to circle back to the last person.

Personal Training.

We both do Personal Training through-out the day, from am to pm 7-days aweek. I (Fitness Julia) provide 1 Hr sessions, and Fitness McCabe provides 40-min sessions at a reduced rate.

Fitness Julia

What exactly are toned muscles in layperson terms?

An Australian Radiographer provided the following answer which is really quite visual. Think of a bag of spaghetti, and take out a quarter of it. Its long, thin and rigid; people with a muscle's like this are difficult to scan. However, when you boil the spaghetti it swells and becomes more flexible - so you haven't grown more muscles, simply provided the right attention.

The great thing about being toned, is that muscles burn calories - Yaaa..... double whammy!

As Personal Trainers, we like to educate with visual thoughts - next Monday we will look at a specific part of the body, diet, carbs etc....

Fitness Julia.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd add a personal recommendation to this thread. About a year ago I joined McCabe's Saturday morning groups on the Rye. Brilliant fun and great if you want to be easied back into fitness (except the squats, they're just plain evil) anyway for 1 reason or another my motivation dwindled and I found excuses to snooze on a Saturday instead. So when I heard that McCabe was going to do some personal training sessions, I thought this is the kick I need. For me it really helped that it was someone I knew.

I'm only 2 sessions in (3rd one tomorrow at 6:30 eek) but I ache in places I didn't even know I had. I do spend most of my sessions unable to do my situps as I'm laughing.

Ok enough plugging, if you fancy getting fitter but lack the motivation to get out of your nice comfy bed then I would recommend giving this a go. Now I must get off to bed. Early start in the morning!

Feel free to PM if you want more info from me. Becky xx

The 2 x FREE Saturday fitness group is just perfect on 3 levels:

1. Those getting back to exercise, as I remain at the back,

2. The joggers that also really want to tone up, and finally

3. The faster ones that want to use the session for speed play & toning.

My 40-min Personal Training session's are specific for you - and affordable too, whether at 6am or later in the day ~ Mon to Sun, and using effective equipment enables you to get an 'Intellgent Focused' workout, at 30-mins we are already counting down the last 10-mins. The first 4 sessions are based on a complete CV, toning, stretching, balance and strength workout, then after this is identifying the 'sweet spot': Core, legs, CV etc.....

I am a team builder and motivator and will help you achieve your goals, just like Becky above.

PM me if you would like a FREE newsletter on 'Health & Fitness' with McCabe.

Best!

McCabe

I can thoroughly recommend personal training sessions with McGabe!

I've just had 2 sessions so far myself, but it has been way more motivational that going to a gym.

Plus I am learning all about muscle groups and the many ways they can ache the next day :-)

Roy

** 3 Benefits to Lunges **

There are some toning exercises that have multiple 'hot' points and lunges are one of these. Here are three key benefits you get from undertaking lunges:

1. Active toning: Gluts, Quads & Hamstrings - the next time you do a lunge, put your hand on one these muscle areas and feel how they are being activated going into the lunge and coming out of the lunge.

2. Stretching: When you go into the lunge you actually perform two great and well deserved stetches, the first is the 'Hip Flexer', this area is responsible for raising your knee up (front crease of the hip). In this case, as you go into the lunge you stretch this area out. Secondly, the achilies gets a nice gentle stretch too.

3. This exercise can be upgraded to a dynamic function by introducing a transverse twist which now activates the core section - as you are going into the lunge you can either twist to the side (turn sideways), or go into the lunge and keep the legs static and then twist.

There you go, toning and stretching with just one exercise!

Fitness Julia

Here is another great exercise!

Lay on your front and hold a towel or stretch band shoulder width apart as far ahead of you as possible. Now raise your chest off the ground and pull the towel / stretch band forwards your chest and then back to as far front as possible - repeat this 10 times until you can incrementally up the reps to 15, the 20 then 30.

This is a great core, shoulder and chest workout....

Enjoy!

McCabe

The rain is upon us again, and when its wet there is no way my clients are laying on the grass for core strenght. I am asked how else can I tone up my core?

Here are 3 great techniques:

1. Stand upright, hands on you head with elbows / upper arms horiontal outwards / sideways. Now, engage your abs, pull them right in and raise your right knee to your right elbow.... with the elbow & upper arm remaining in its horizonal position. Repeat this for 10 Reps on each side.

2. This is a double exercise:

a) Sit on a bench with your hands either at the front of the bench or around the back of the bench, engages your abs and now raise your legs upwards so they are parallel to the ground - at this point you can pulsate which means dropping your legs by 6" or so and then back up. Repeat this for 10 reps.

b) Sit on the edge of the bench and perform the common everyday dips, with feet shoulders width apart. Engage your abs and raise one of your legs horizontal off the ground before you start and repeat this for 10-reps.

The above 3 techniques can be repeated as a circuit: first the knee raisers, then bench leg raises, and followed by dips with a raised leg. Always remember to engages your abs before you start.

Good to all!

Fitness Julia.

Hi Bodeddarren,

The first rule of thumb we have for new members is to complete a health form, and.... if you haven't seen your GP for a while, go along for an MOT. Your GP will take a view on results from such as blood tests and will know what you need to do.

Once you have been given the all clear to go ahead and exercise, it may be as simple as a walk, a powerwalk, toning, or a combination of all with jogging and running too.

CV such as powerwalking, jogging and running helps to burn calories, and an exercise such as lunging tones and stretches parts of your body at the same time - Yay!!!!

In terms of supplements, consider this.... exercising generates endorphins, however, exercising in a group generates even more endophins.

Come along to one of our sessions.

Fitness Julia.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about getting fitter, slimmer, toned and or more flexible in 2013?

The New year is almost upon us so put a note on your fridge to make a start.

Fitness Julia - Dulwich Park:

For ?5, come and join my team on a Sunday morning at 10am. We meet just inside the main gates (opp the Picture Gallery) c.50m on the RHS. Its fun low impact cardio fitness with an upbeat tempo.

1-2-1's are a full one hour of personal training around your goals for just ?30. Specials for two.

Fitness McCabe - Peckham Rye:

FREE! Saturday mornings at 10am, meeting by the cafe on the Rye. A full hour and a tad of fitness for FREE! We have all abilities and McCabe runs the group from the back so the new ones who are returning back to fitness will have their own personal trainer with them.... for FREE!

1-2-1's, 40-mins of personal training around your goals, just ?25. Specials for two.

Fitness Julia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...