Lovely female cat needs a new home

We are looking for a good home for our cat, Willow. She is a beautiful, grey, five year old in great health. She?s neutered, microchipped and up to date with all of her jabs and vet appointments. We can also provide some months? worth of flea repellent and worming tablets to her new home.

Willow is a sweet cat, who doesn?t bite or scratch, ever. We have had her since she was a small kitten, and are now looking to re-home her as over the past 18 months relations with her cat-brother have broken down to the extent that they can?t be in the same room together. As Willow is a very small adult cat, this means that she has effectively been pushed out of the household and is clearly miserable. When her brother is out of the house, she still comes for cuddles and attention which she clearly still craves, but disappears and hides again as soon as her brother appears. Having tried everything we can think of to make her feel happier, we now believe that she would be happiest as an only cat in her household.

I think Willow would be best placed in a household with some experience of owning cats, as she has developed a bit of a nervous temperament as a result of the bullying by her brother so is likely to need some patience at the outset as I can imagine she would probably hide at first. I also think she?d be best suited to a home with access to a garden, as she has never been an indoor cat and does enjoy having a wander around. She also never uses the litter tray, preferring to go outside even in the rain, which makes life easy in terms of keeping the house smell free.

I know this sounds like a lot to ask, but she is a lovely cat and we are very keen to see her go to the good home that she deserves. It?s quite heartbreaking for us, but she is clearly unhappy and we want the best for her. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.

Yes and yes. And cat antidepressants and a cat behaviourist (no kidding). The tom isn't a bad cat, he's just territorial and this means the smaller, weaker female has been pushed out. They got on fine when they were little but for some unknown feline reason now hate each other.

The decision to rehome her has not been taken lightly, she is a much loved member of our family.

The OP has shown she has not taken this decision lightly and cares for the welfare of the cat. You honestly think that the cat will be given away to the first person who asks? Sure there are risks rehoming, but with a bit of sense and reference checking, the risk can be minimised.

And most rescues are full up at this time of year, so I doubt that battersea (or Celia Hammond etc) would be able to take the cat. Again, the OP is doing the responsible thing.

But as you have 'said before' (with such attention to punctuation), you must have some authority on this situation. Thanks for sharing.

@nina_maniana, good luck with rehoming your charming cat. PM me if you need a hand.

ELISASMITH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have said before don't advertise cats on here

> people/cruel idiots use them for bait for dog

> fighting better off taking it to battersea

A few years ago we adopted a new cat and the resident cat hated him. When we took them to the cattery as we were going on holiday, the lovely owner of the cattery we use (and who also runs a cat rescue) said a few days in a confined space would leave them the best of friends as they would have to work out a way to get on. And so it proved. After their first stay in the cattery together they became great friends and since then they sleep curled up together, groom each other and enjoy playing together. Worth a try with your cats maybe before re homing one?

Thanks ElisaSmith for your concern - but I'm not taking my cat to Battersea, she's not homeless, she has a home with us until I can find her one where I believe she'll be happier, as long as that takes. Taking a cat who is frightened of other cats to a cat home would be beyond traumatic for her, and I'll put more love and care into making sure her new home is a good fit and the transition is a smooth one than Battersea would be able to.

Dear Nina

We've just returned from a few days away and so have only just seen your post. Very sadly we have recently had our much loved 20 year old cat put to sleep after a short illnes. She was also a very small female who didn't like other cats, who we had since she was a rescue kitten. We had decided to leave it a few months before even considering a new cat but your post has set us thinking. Is Willow still looking for a home?

We are a family of four; two teenagers, one at uni and one still at home, with no other pets. We have a small, walled garden and a cat flap.

Best wishes

Caroline

I think we all have fallen in love with her.!

I also have a happy ending for a cat we got through the forum. Frisky moved in around Christmas and became known as Upstairs Cat, while Downstairs Cat was a bit huffy becasue of the new addition. Both are now very good friends, the territory issue is resolved and proof that good things can happen :-)

Wishing Willow the same......

I myself am moving to a new home. I've had many cats over the years. I LOVE cats. I feed them properly I.e. Not that tinned stuff full of fat.. But make sure get groomed every day or other, and play time is important too. I will check with new landlord, if allowed in new apartment. She is gorgeous.she looks quite fluffy. Is she any type of breed, not long hair? We are moving to west Dulwich. I will check!! Best wishes

Hi Nina_maniana

I live in a flat with access to a garden with my two house-mates (my boyfriend and best mate) in Brockley. We are aged 28-31, have all lived with pets growing up and renting in London. We do work hence we would like a cat and some of us are studying so are home often, we do not have any rules against pets within our contract and are looking for an older cat with Celia Hammond at the moment too but your cat sounds great as we are looking for one cat only that isn't too young, can make the most of going outside and likes attention.

We wouldn't mind if you wanted to visit our home or get Celia Hammond involved in checking us out. We have our cat insurance form at the ready for a new addition to our home if she is still available.

all the best

B

Archived