This is happening today....

gbaw

If, like me, you do not look at the wanted forum very often you may not know of this local effort to collect a container load of things principally for Syria this is happening until 4pm at the Dulweich Woodhouse garden.

"Donations Wanted For Refugees In Syria, Greece and France

Hello All - I am organising a donation collection for Refugees in Syria, Greece and France on behalf of UK Action For Refugees and Dulwich2Dunkirk. The drop-off date is Feb 21st, 11am-4pm in the pub garden at the Dulwich Wood House in SE26. If any of you are interested in donating clothes, food, toiletries or have boxes/packing tape to give or could help out on the day receiving and sorting donations, let me know! Any and all help gratefully received - as you will already know, the situation is absolutely horrific, people just like you or me are drowning or freezing to death and that is if they have managed to escape being bombed or outright shot. I had to do something and so this is what I'm doing...it is but a drop in the ocean, I realise that, but at least it's a drop...and so, if you can, please help!

Donations needed are packing boxes/tape, blankets, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, warm winter clothing (incl. shoes, boots, hats, scarves, gloves), baby carriers, push chairs, soft toys, toiletries, nappies and wipes, sanitary towels; as well as food such as tinned or dried beans/peas/lentils.pulses, tinned veg or fruit, tinned fish, rice, pasta, Nuts, pitta bread, instant porridge/soup/noodles, condensed milk, baby food and fruit pouches/pots.

Alternatively, if you can't make it on the 21st, The Roasted Bean (23 Westow Street, SE19 3RY) is happy to store your donations, you can drop them off there until Saturday 20th.

Plus, March 2nd, there will be a food drop off at Dulwich Hamlet Football Club, Edgar Kail Way, East Dulwich, 7-9pm. There is a game arranged for that night in aid of refugees between DHFC VS FC Assyria. FOOD ONLY!"

Archived