Loving persian cat looking for a new home

With great sadness, I am looking for someone to rehome my lovely cat due to moving abroad.

She is part blue persian, part tortoise shell and has been with me for about 4 years after I adopted her from another forumite. She is rather unique in both appearance and personality: she has a wonderful temperament and is very affectionate; she also likes a chat. She is quite old but has no health issues and is microchipped and spayed although she is a housecat so doesn't go outside except for the odd wander around with supervision. She would be great company for someone of an older age or someone without other cats or dogs.

I will give whoever takes her everything they need (pet carrier, litter tray, bowls etc.) and can bring her to you. I'm hoping to find her a loving home for sometime in August.

John

Please take her to the Celia Hammond Centre who will properly vet any potential new owners.

I don't know how many more times this has to be said on this forum - you are an excellent example of why the forum should not be used to rehome pets. You know you can take pets abroad nowadays if you actually care enough?

Cedges, I don't know how many times this needs to be said (more than once in this thread alone I'm betting) but Celia Hammond and other rescues simply do not have the space or resources for more cats. NONE!

You speak as if you have some idea about the rescue world but you do not! And the shaming bit is not cool.

Mrsilencio, good luck with the move. I'm sure you'll have no trouble rehoming such an adorable puss, but if you need any help or advice, feel free to message me.

Cedges, your tone is completely uncalled for and comments ignorant. I have no intention of just giving away my pet to the first caller - I am an adult and responsible in my actions; therefore, I intend to fully vet anyone who offers to re-home her.

With regards to taking her abroad, please tell me whether you feel it is more responsible as a pet owner to put an old, long-haired cat on a plane to Hong Kong and then, after months in quarantine, make it suffer temperatures to which it is not suited or alternatively spend time finding someone who would be willing to care for and love it? Tell me, which if these is the more selfish action?

Keep your uninformed opinions to yourself unless you are constructively able to help. I take it you are a significant donor to Celia Hammond to help them with caring for all the pets who are dumped on them?

Hi - I so wish you the best and have got to say that thanks to the forum my upstairs neighbours rehomed a cat and she could not have more understanding and attentive owners. Some are very lucky and I hope you find a great home for her. Unfort I have a small old dog or would have loved to have given her some comfort in her older years.

She is beautiful John. I really do hope she finds a lovely new home in the area.

I know if I met her, I would want to take her, I'm going to have a think about it.

I applaud you for wanting to find a new home for her yourself, as you know her best, better than any rehoming centre would know her.

Archived